It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-02-2011   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Default Tell us something.....

Let's build some community feeling here!

Tell the board something about yourself.

I am 50 years old. I love to hike, especially climbing mountains.

My inside hobby is sewing cat beds and cat toys. I used to work with wood, building furniture mostly, but I have such bad arthritis that it is no longer a safe hobby.

I love to read.

I love my work...I work with the special needs population.

I feed the birds on the window sill for Cat TV, and arrange my life around my cats' needs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 12-28-2014 at 10:22 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-02-2011   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

Heh.. I'm usually terrible with these, but I'll give it a shot..

I'm Brandon, 21 years old, and spend a lot of time at a local animal shelter with the cats, since I can't have any at home. I'm also a computer nerd, enjoy photography and video-taking... Beyond that, not much else to say lol. Someday I'll have a place of my own where I hope to have at least two cats.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AK49BWL For This Useful Post:
Unread 01-02-2011   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

He he, I remember we did something similar last year, so you know me Gail

Anyways, for those who don't, I'm Heidi, 47, a Procurement manager for Orange the mobile phone company.

As well as Pixie and Sasha the other love of my life is my hubby Ken, we have been married for nearly 24 years.

I love my garden birds and have loads of feeders and nest boxes - luckily the furry girls are not big hunters!

I also love nature in general and going for long walks in the countryside (not hikes tho!). I am a keen gardener and have also recently taken up photography - I did a 1-2-1 course with a professional just before Christmas and he taught me so much

So, that's me!

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to supersmithy For This Useful Post:
Unread 01-02-2011   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thanks Brandon and Heidi. I started this thread because we are such a small group, and it's nice to have a feeling of community, you know?

Talking about our cats does give a little peek into personalities, but it's always fun to know more about someone.

Maybe we should do pictures too.

PS Heidi, what's a procurement manager do?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 12-28-2014 at 09:52 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:
Unread 01-02-2011   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Chatty
vanakin is on a distinguished road

Hi
Im Terri, 40 years old and am an LVT at a vet hospital. I was a police officer for almost 10 years in a big city and went back to school, changed careers and took one hell of a pay cut. I love going to work though and working with the animals. I have 7 cats..my ex-husband took the 2 dogs. I never pictured my life to be going in the direction thats it in but I love my cats very much. Now finances are a constant struggle cause I never thought I would have to support myself on my salary but I do the best I can and on hard days whether it being me missing my ex-husband or whatever my cats get me thru.
The Following User Says Thank You to vanakin For This Useful Post:
Unread 01-02-2011   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Hi Terri! How brave of you to make such a drastic change and I am so glad you are happy now! It takes a special kind of person to do the kind of work you do.

Divorce is hard on people and animals too, but I am glad your cats are with you.

Can't wait to meet them all.

please read this first
The Following User Says Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:
Unread 01-02-2011   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Chatty
vanakin is on a distinguished road

Toward the end of my marriage my one cat delly must have felt the stress in the home because she started urinating outside of the box but on his stuff. His pillow, his blanket..etc and when i moved she actually quit urinating outside of the box.

Well to introduce my cats Ill start with the oldest

1. Brundy-- he is almost 8yrs old he came into my life a few days after I lost my cat at 1 yr of age due to cardiomyopthy. He is black and chats alot. he is the tattle tale of the bunch

2. Brego -- he is big orange tabby and 7 1/2 yrs. I got him 1 yr later and he is my comfort cat.

3. Arwen- - she is almost 7 yrs. She is short stocky bobtail manyx mix..she hops instead of running, has no coordination and severe hip dysplasia. I got her in 04 cause I had wanted a female cat.

4. Trevor - He is 6 yrs and my ex-husband picked him out. We stopped in at vet and he was up for adoption and he wanted him.

5. Delly and Anakin- they are 5 1/2 yrs and littermates. I had just started working at vet and animal control brought them in dirty covered in fleas and about 1 week old, He found them somewhere. Well I called ex and asked if we could foster only and he said yes. Well he got up with me every 4 hrs to bottle feed them and stimulate to go potty. He fell in love with them too and we kept them.

7. Firestone- He is 4 1/2 years old. I was working one morning and someone came in and said a kitten was running across street back and forth and going to get hit.. I went outside to get him and he ran in parking lot under car and wrapped himself in tire around the axle. When I grabbed him and pulled him out I degloved his chin. Well I named him firestone cause thats the tire he was in and a few surgeries later he was doing good and I took him home.

Last edited by vanakin; 01-02-2011 at 09:58 PM. Reason: adding stuff
The Following User Says Thank You to vanakin For This Useful Post:
Unread 01-02-2011   #8 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Hawki is on a distinguished road

Hi All'
I'm Butch,
I work in a factory making corrugated board...we don't make the boxes just the sheets of cardboard to be made into boxes.
I have been with the same woman for 20 years, married since 2001.
I am a woodworker but somewhat limited in projects due to the size of my basement workshop; I also dabble in scrollsawing.
I enjoy camping, playing poker on the computer (for tokens only) reading, and BBQing/Smoking/cooking. I do make a mean rack of ribs and my pulled pork is to die for.
As you can see from the pict...I have enjoyed a few racks of ribs im my day!!
(The cat in the pict is Shadow...a few days before he crossed over the rainbow bridge).
We have been a cat servant for many years , with Callie being our latest
furbaby. I also have a 55gal aquarium and a smaller 1 gal with a betta in it...Callie seems to think this smaller aquarium is for her playtime and amusement. I am now trying to train her that removing the top is NOT a good Idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image3.jpg (92.6 KB, 5 views)

Butch
Husband to Rose, Servant to Callie; Man Butler to Slider.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hawki For This Useful Post:
Unread 01-03-2011   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

I'm completely serious when I say that online, I have very few photos of me without a cat... So here you go

The Following User Says Thank You to AK49BWL For This Useful Post:
Unread 01-03-2011   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

Gail, it is such a good idea to do this again!
I'm Helen, I'm 38 and I work for an engineering firm that installs and services heating and ventillation controls, CCTV systems and security systems. I schedule in engineers' work, forecast monthly sales figures and look after the customers and engineers for my region (NW England). It can be quite demanding at times but I work with a (mainly) good bunch of people.
My husband is a chef, we have been together for 11 years and married for 4 years.
I enjoy reading, walking, cooking and baking. I also like puzzles, crosswords and watching tv (I can be a bit of a couch potato!). I am quite artistic but seem to have let that talent fall by the wayside, I really should make time for drawing again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s536887058_2418269_338007[1].jpg (3.9 KB, 3 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to hallan For This Useful Post:

Tags
animal , apartment , beds , birds , black , box , boy , cat , cat toys , cats , changed , christmas , color , computer , cut , dogs , drawing , eyes , fast , friendly , fun , fur , furniture , guide , happy , home , interesting , internet , joy , lost , love , missing , mobile phone , nice , person , photos , pictures , play , playing , problems , real estate , shelter , small , smart , story , stress , struggle , tale , toys , type , vacation , vet , video , window

Sponsored Cat Links