It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-14-2011   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Default Cream of Wheat leftovers?

I had cream of wheat for supper, it was yummy. I was very hungry so made a bigger pot of it than I usually would (4 serving size instead of two).

But I also ate a whole grapefruit while it was cooking so ended up eating only as much as I usually do. Has anyone ever done anything with left over cream of wheat? I hate to throw food away...but really what could I do with it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-18-2011   #2 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Busy
J.J. is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to J.J.

... GOOD 4 YOU ... I don't like to throw food either

I've never tryed Cream Wheat before plus, I'm not sure of it's content...

I Usually, Froze my left overs and cook it for later. It won't be as fresh as you want it to be but, it's eatable and it's much better than throwing it a way( you can froze pizza, Lazania, pastries, rise and even FOOl( Fava beans). We eat fool for breakfest sometimes and we always have left overs on days like that. So, we just Froze,em. . Or you can give it to your cats IF THEIR NOT PICKY ... As for my cat Tasha, She's extremly unbelievable.. She can go a whole day with out food untill you give her Frisckies( She's a pain sometimes )!!! that worries me. I read also that it's best to put left overs in a plastic bag and give them to the cats and dogs near your neighborhood. ( I do it sometimes ).. And that way you won't have to worry about getting rid of left overs .. hope you find this advise usefull.
Unread 01-21-2011   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thanks JJ, I like to freeze left overs too, but I don;t think cream of wheat would have been very nice after frozen. I ended up throwing it away, much as I hated to. From not on I will only make the smaller batch, no matter how hungry I am.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-22-2011   #4 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

I think you could add a little water or milk and heat it up the next day in the microwave or in a pot.

Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Unread 01-23-2011   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I don't know Ann, cream of wheat turns lumpy when it gets cold, you know? I can't stand lumps in my cream of wheat. It's a wonder I even eat it, when I was growing up we had it a lot, and it was always full of lumps, disgusting.

I could try that but....it sounds kind of gross, don't you think? LOL!

please read this first

Tags
cats , cold , color , dogs , eating , food , found , heat , hey , mat , nice , water , worry

Sponsored Cat Links