It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-01-2011   #1 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chooch is on a distinguished road
Default miscarriage

I think that mikey having his surgery on this day could be a blessing in disguise. This is the day my first grandchild was due, but tragically my daughter had a miscarriage in august.

She and her fiance were really looking forward to having the baby, they had moved to a bigger flat and were very excited about being parents, and i was over the moon that i was to become a grandmother.

When my daughter and her partner went for the scan, she was told the baby was dead. I cant explain how devastated i was when she called to tell me. I could hardly hear what she was saying but it was like a primitive kind of noise, just pure inconsolable grief.

I have found it hard to talk to friends and family about it, its just to upsetting for me, but i just wanted to say that my heart goes out to any woman who has experienced the loss of a baby, and also their families, as a mother it was one of the saddest things i've had to cope with.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-01-2011   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Oh Jan, your post has brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry for your daughter, her partner, and your loss. What a devastating thing to happen.

I pray she can conceive again soon and carry to full term. Perhaps there would have been something wrong with this baby, and God thought it better to take him/her before s/he suffered.

Hugs from me and headbumps from Tolly Mazy Jennie and Queen Eva

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-01-2011   #3 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Thanks gail and gang, thats very kind of you, i didn't know how common it was till i read the statistics, apparently one in five pregnancies end in miscarriage, which really shocked me. She is only 24 so she is still young and healthy, but this has made her frightened to get pregnant again, which i can understand.

Im sure she will try when she is ready and they can have their little family, but will never forget the wee baby that should have been here today.
Unread 02-01-2011   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Busy
J.J. is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to J.J.

I'm so sorry for your loss I just don't know what to say.. My MoM experienced it 3 times and I could imagine what's happening to you but, don't worry. you know, it's nice to reminde yourself that there are poeple who are there for you and who will cheer you up when yours sad.. your daughter, your kittie and us don't worry everything will be just fine
Unread 02-01-2011   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Jan, my heart goes out to you, your daughter and her fiancé, what a tragic loss to you all. Time will heal and she will go on to have babies Im sure, and the little one will always be in your hearts

Thinking of you all xox

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx

Last edited by supersmithy; 02-01-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Unread 02-01-2011   #6 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J. View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss I just don't know what to say.. My MoM experienced it 3 times and I could imagine what's happening to you but, don't worry. you know, it's nice to reminde yourself that there are poeple who are there for you and who will cheer you up when yours sad.. your daughter, your kittie and us don't worry everything will be just fine
thanks J.J. for that, and sorry to hear what your mum went through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersmithy View Post
Jan, my heart goes out to you, your daughter and her fiancé, what a tragic loss to you all. Time will heal and she will go on to have babies Im sure, and the little one will always be in your hearts

Thinking of you all xox
thanks heidi, its been a stressful day all round with mikey getting neutered and worrying about him, so think it will be an early night for me (and mikey!)
Unread 02-06-2011   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

Jan, I'm so sorry.
Love to you and your family. xx
The Following User Says Thank You to hallan For This Useful Post:

Tags
babies , baby , eyes , family , found , friends , healthy , hey , loss , nice , night , pregnant , queen , sad , surgery , upset , worry

Sponsored Cat Links