It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-28-2011   #1 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road
Default My Other Kids!

Jordan is a Pittbull/Plott Hound mix I adopted from the local Humane Society.

The goat is not too sure about him!

Baron is a Shep mix, he is 15 this year! He showed up 14 and a half years ago. At first he wouldn't come near me, one day he took a deep breath and walked up to me. He barely steps of off the property.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-28-2011   #2 (permalink)
Top Cat

We rescued Goldie 29 years ago, she will be 34 this spring.

I rescued Dani when she was 3 months old, she just turned 20.

Magic just turned 19. She and Dani are reg Appaloosas.

Dreamer is App, but not reg. He is 8 years old.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-28-2011   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

Cheyanne is reg POA, she is 6 years old.

I rescued Phoenix, Nix, 8 years ago. He is 13 this year. Here are before and after shots.

As you can see I rescue large and small critters. If only they didn't need rescuing!!

Unread 03-29-2011   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Busy
Sunlight is on a distinguished road

I love horses, they are so beautiful and clever. And they can be very good friends, too. Unfortunately I have no, but who knows what the life will bring.
It is really nice what you do for the animals. I hope God will help you to continue what you do.

Unread 03-29-2011   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

It's lovely to meet all your beautiful companions. Is Nix a pony?

Do you have help to care for them all?

please read this first
Unread 03-29-2011   #6 (permalink)
Top Cat

Sunlight- I am blessed to have the room and the capability to help the animals. It's good that I don't feel the "need" for fancy stuff. As long as my things aren't falling apart I can wear, drive, etc!

acerlt- Yes, Nix is a pony. You have a good eye! He stands 12.2 hands. He spent his first 6 years of life in a pen with one other horse, they were both stallions. The owner threw them hay when he thought about it. He lived several miles away from where the boys were, so he didn't think about it too often. I rehomed the other boy, he stood about 13.2.
My 77 year old mother and I co-own our home. She hasn't been able to do much, physically, for several years now.

It's gotten harder to do the work and I don't go looking for animals in need. I'm blessed that there are now 3 horse rescues within 100 miles of me, so I can contact one of them if I see a horse in need. There are cat and dog rescues and my local shelter is actualy one of the good ones. I wish I could go out and save more, but life (age) does tend to get in the way!

I believe in the way of the story of the man on the beach. He may not be able to save all of the starfish, but it is the world for each one he can!
Just concentrate on each, individual life that you touch. You changed the world for them!

Unread 03-30-2011   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Busy
Sunlight is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskat View Post
Sunlight- I am blessed to have the room and the capability to help the animals. It's good that I don't feel the "need" for fancy stuff. As long as my things aren't falling apart I can wear, drive, etc!;
I am the same. I can wear clothes also till they fall apart, our car is begin be old enough to through it ( we begin to pay to much money to fix it) but it is does not matter. I tell: what make me more happy? A new trousers or a cat (animal) who I can help.
Unfortunately I have no more room or capability to help more animals, but I hope I will.

Tags
adopted , age , beautiful , car , care , cat , changed , dog , dogs , eye , friends , happy , hey , love , mat , money , nice , save , shelter , small , story

Sponsored Cat Links