It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-31-2011   #1 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Cheerful
Hawki is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Need some Healing prayers, vibes

My niece, Megan, lost her unborn baby last night. She is understandably upset...she was 6 monthes pregnant. Luckly, the Red Cross was able to get her Army Husband on a plane from Afganistan, he'll be home soon.
Hopefully, Megan and hubby will get thru this...Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Butch
Husband to Rose, Servant to Callie; Man Butler to Slider.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-01-2011   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

acerlt is on a distinguished road

Oh, Butch, I'm so sorry. Prayers going out to your niece and her husband. And tell them I said thank you for serving our country I know it's not an easy life for either of them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:
Unread 04-01-2011   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

You are all in my prayers! Please say thank you from me also.
(((((HUGS)))))from my heart to yours.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to kskat For This Useful Post:
Unread 04-01-2011   #4 (permalink)
Cool Cat

We got the full story today. Apparently, Megan had an undiagnosed infection that caused her body to reject the baby in order to save itself. SHe was at her grandfather's Bday party on Sunday and she seemed fine.
Her husband Chris, is getting in tonight...she has shut everyone out and aside from the infection is in severe shock...hopefully her husband will be able to comfort her.
I am at a loss, I was planning on making something for the baby boy and Rose is half done a crib sized quilt she was making for the baby.
Megan's young, hopefully she'll get thru this and continue her life.
Thanks again to everyone for your prayers.

On a different note, apparently Slider has taken to Rose, sort of.It seems that when Rose is lounging on the couch, Slider will wrap himself around her side and slowly push her away until she moves from the warm spot, at which point he'll completely take ownership of the warmed cushion.

Butch

Last edited by Hawki; 04-01-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Unread 04-02-2011   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

acerlt is on a distinguished road

I pray Megan is not blaming herself for this, and can recover without too much suffering. I'm glad her husband was able to come home.

So...Slider is training Rose how to warm his Beds for him. Excellent!

please read this first
The Following User Says Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:
Unread 04-02-2011   #6 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

I wish I could believe that Megan won't blame herself, but she will. Her body rejected the baby, how would she not feel it was her fault.
Nobody knows the right thing to say, just be there. For her and her husband, he will feel at a loss and blame himself for not being there. It isn't fair or true, but human nature to blame ourselves. Make sure Megan is eating and sleeping. Gently recommend counseling and medication. I deal with chronic depression and have been on meds many times, there is no shame in needing help for a little while.
Say "I'm so sorry about the baby" and "what can I do to help" Like I said, no body knows what to say. Just keep it short and simple. Then be there. That is what they will need; do laundry, shop, cook, etc.; all the little things that are going to feel overwhelming for them.
Give yourself and Rose the chance to grieve. You are suffering a loss also. God bless you.

The Following User Says Thank You to kskat For This Useful Post:
Unread 04-02-2011   #7 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

Oh, that's just so sad. That's true, she probably will blame herself and feel guilty even though it is not her fault. My son has emotional problems and biipolar and ADD, and I get in these really dark moods where I blame myself even though logically speaking, I know that its not my fault. And what happened to your neice is so much more traumatic.

Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
The Following User Says Thank You to AuntKitty For This Useful Post:
Unread 04-09-2011   #8 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chooch is on a distinguished road

im really sorry to hear about your bad news, my daughter lost her unborn baby last year and it was the worst experience of my life, hope she is coping with things, jan
The Following User Says Thank You to chooch For This Useful Post:
Unread 04-11-2011   #9 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Smile

Thank you all for your prayers etc...Megan seems to be taking it pretty well...the resiliance of youth... There were no other problems with her ability to have children so in due time she'll probably try again.
I see another rocking horse project in my future.

Butch
Unread 04-12-2011   #10 (permalink)
kat
Cool Cat

My Mood: Angelic
kat is on a distinguished road

I'm so very sorry for the loss of the baby! But I'm glad to hear that Megan is taking it well. Best of luck and wishes for you and your family over this time... Can't wait to read news that she has another bun in the oven

PROUD MUMMY OF DIZI AND SASHA!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to kat For This Useful Post:

Tags
baby , beds , boy , children , dry , eating , family , hey , home , infection , loss , lost , night , prayers , pregnant , problems , project , sad , save , sleeping , story , thoughts , training , upset

Sponsored Cat Links