It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-04-2012   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

pipnip is on a distinguished road
Default former username: courtney&griffin

So, I just wanted to give whoever remembers me a little update on what's been going on. Last time I posted, I talked about how I'd moved in my boyfriend at the time. We had 3 cats at that point, my Griffin and Kendra and his Abby. We'd both been struggling financially and were getting ourselves into a hole.

Well, hopefully you'll be glad to know we're one paycheck away from being out of that hole. We now live in a small single family home on the water. Granted it's a rental, but it's still home. The boyfriend that moved in with me, became my husband last September and we found out this past April that we're expecting our first child together. It's a little girl, expected on December 22 of this year.

What about the cats? Well, we continued to struggle since my last update and ultimately made some very hard decisions. We actually had to move in with my father, who's wife is unfortunately allergic to cats. We had my MIL take on Abby and a family friend took on Griffin. Unfortunately, due to the circumstances, we felt it would be best to have Kendra go back to rescue. They were an all foster program and did a very extensive screen of all applicants. We had no one that was willing to temporarily take on more than one cat at the time, and no one else to ask.

Since then, Abby is back in our care. He's doing really well and was finally (after much argument from my husband) neutered! Griffin remains with our family friend. She has two children who, over the almost full year that they fostered him had become very attached to him, and he to them. He was the only pet in that household and we did not feel it was fair to again thrust him into a new setting with the commotion of another cat, a dog, and soon to be a newborn without his kids. He is doing so well with them, and we receive emails, pictures, and can go see him whenever. Kendra has since been readopted from rescue by a young college student and her family not too far from us. At last notice, she was doing awesome and was also the only pet in the home.

Right now it's just my husband, our dog Rose, Abby and I and although I miss having a kitty of my very own, this is the best situation for us right now. Maybe in the future after this last bit of debt is paid and were 100% back on track, we'll find some poor, starving feline to give home to (:
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
allergic , another cat , boyfriend , care , cats , children , dog , family , foster , found , girl , hey , home , kitty , newborn , pet , pictures , rescue , small , struggle , water

Sponsored Cat Links