It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-14-2013   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Glencatman is on a distinguished road
Default Does this sound reasonable?

Recently a couple with two dogs moved into the upstairs suite where I live. The one dog is a terrier/poodle type dog and the other one is a German shepard cross whatever. The small one barks at almost EVERYTHING, and it has a loud high pitched bark that never fails to get on my nerves. They used to keep it in their bedroom, which is right above mine, and it used to bark in the morning, waking me up. I finally asked them if they could keep the dog somewhere else, which they did, then they started to keep the bigger dog in the same room and then that dog started to get upset and barked and howled, waking me up some more.
I brought that to their attention as well, but then they started to get real defensive about it. I work at a job from 5:00 PM to 1:00 AM, which means that when I get home I stay up for a while, then I go to bed and sleep until the early afternoon. Those are my hours....that's the way it is, and that's they way it was long before they moved in. Then the husband suggested that I get up earlier if the barking bothers me. I said "wait a minute! I'm supposed to alter my lifestyle just to suit your dogs?" That to me sounds like a total load of bullcrap! I mean, it'll be a cold day in hell before I allow myself to be owned my someone's dogs! I just can't believe the retarded logic of these people.
The guy also thinks that the dog bylaw and the noise bylaw are one and the same. He thinks that a dog is allowed to bark during certain times from morning to night, like a noise bylaw. I inquired about that, and a dog bylaw requires that a dog owner is responsible for the dog's barking for the full 24 hours in a day. His wife also whined to me that landlord (who is not crazy about dogs) requires them to pay extra for their dogs, as if that's supposed to be my problem! Who asked them to bring dogs into this residence in the first place?
I'm pretty PO'ed about this because I've lost a lot of sleep lately. Those people have acted pretty nice and friendly for almost a year, but now their acting ignorant and they don't seem to care about how their dogs are getting on my nerves and causing me to lose a lot of sleep, which is both unhealthy and dangerous. I'm 50 years old, and I'm prone to high blood pressure and hypertension. I've heard it said that one of the quickest ways to lose a friend is to cause that friend to lose sleep, and I'm afraid that might be the case. The more sleep I lose, the more irritable I get, and I'm concerned that I could start getting a little psycho if it continues. Thanks for letting me vent.

Last edited by Glencatman; 05-15-2013 at 07:41 AM. Reason: added words
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
care , cold , crazy , defensive , dogs , friendly , healthy , hey , home , lost , morning , nice , night , poodle , problem , sleep , small , type , upset

Sponsored Cat Links