It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-07-2006   #1 (permalink)
bleudivine12

Default Cat Convert

I’m not a cat person. I grew up loving dogs. I’m on my 3rd dog the entire 28 years of my life. The first two dogs died of old age. I had a cat when I was 13 and it left home after a week. I never felt any affinity for cats. I shoo them away every time they come near me. I think I actually am scared of cats.

So, you could just imagine my surprise two weeks ago when this blue-eyed Persian cat popped out of my closet. Its coat was dusty white; with its paws and mouth are dusty maroonish, ears and tail perked up. I screamed.

Apparently, my brother had to adopt 13 month old Galil because this Persian cat was being a nuisance. He has broken several expensive vases and it had to go away. Since our house was pet-proof, we were the best foster home.

To make the long story short, I fell in love with Galil. Everytime I get home from work, I’d look for my yellow lab (Chester) first, since he stays downstairs. Then when I get to my room, I’d look for Galil. I’d feed him ( I just found out he didn’t like Whiskas so he’s temporarily on human food and milk right now). Sometimes, I play with him: he likes to play with the strap of my phone, or beat me to the bathroom by trying to trip me.

Last night Galil left home and did not come back. Maybe he was looking for a mate. I don’t know… what do 13 month old male cats do? Is he still a kitten? Will we ever find him tomorrow. So many lost hours… I could not sleep.

After a long morning search, my mom found him with some kid who was off to sell it at some pet shop. I am glad that Galil is back but I’m worried he might stray off again. What if he doesn’t return home? What if we don’t find him this time?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-07-2006   #2 (permalink)
CatzXena.

Hiya is he Nuetered?
If he's not then thats your problem, he's probbly gone off looking for a mate but if you have him nuetered then he'll just stay at home. Nuetering is cheap and well worth it. Look up straying cats - or - nuetering in some form of serch. personally i'd use Google
Hope this helps! keep us posted.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-07-2006   #3 (permalink)
Becca

I agree. Also it sounds like he didn't really stray, it sounds like this kid picked him up and took him away. Perhaps make sure he has a collar on with a tag so it's clear he belongs to you.

Unread 10-08-2006   #4 (permalink)
CatzXena.

Give him a manly PINK collar!

Tags
age , cat , cats , collar , dogs , food , foster , found , hey , home , house , kitten , lost , love , loving , male , morning , night , persian , person , pet , play , problem , scared , search , sleep , story , stray

Sponsored Cat Links