It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-08-2006   #1 (permalink)
Arubalisa

Default All My Boys & Then a Girl!

Hello everyone! I was happy to find this forum. Our home is owned by 6 kitties.
Kitties 1 & 2 were adopted from Petsmart- one a boy who needed to be re-homed because his owner's landlord was unhappy with them, the other boy was a stray.
Kitties 3 & 4 were taken in as strays from our backyard in Indiana.
Kitties 5 & 6 were taken in as strays from our backyard were we live presently in Georgia.

All are boys:
Gasper- named after our favorite restaurant in Aruba Gasparito's), Mickey (our boy with the "terrible two's" STILL at the age of 9), Blackie (guess what color he is ?), Tiggy (started out as Tigger and was shortened), Rocky (he is like the boxer, always ready to get into the ring), and THEN:
Our last stray Snowy (who is not white) turned out to be a girl .

I have just finished downloading everyone's photos, but since I am new an unable to post the link to the album, so hopefully you will know where to find them
http://www.hoosierkitties.com/boys/boys.htm Photos of my boys and gal

Tiggy is a special needs kitty. He has always been obsessive compulsive. At times he would lick his fur off to the flesh. We found a wonderful behaviorist at Perdue University Veterinary School and then moved shortly afterward to Georgia. Here we had Tiggy examined at the University of Georgia Veterinary School. Dr. Teri Curtis who at that time was doing her residency in behavior has been a God send for our family. She is now a Professor at the University of Florida and a certified behaviorist. We cannot say how much she has helped not only Tiggy but our entire family.

Almost a year ago to the week, Tiggy was diagnosed with Chronic Renal Failure. I was devastated. He IS my baby boy. The following 9 months there were a lot of ups and downs. He had immediately begun Sub-Q fluids two times a week. Dh and I struggled and struggled with him but did the best we could. Tiggy was hospitalized in June for a week he had taken a turn for the worse. He recovered well enough to come home. In July he came down with a bladder infection. The infection would just NOT go away. Back and forth we went to the vets. He was just not acting right. The vet tested his levels and they were NORMAL

She says he is a miracle kitty. He is finally back to his old happy self, zooming around the house without a care in the world. Needless to say it brings joy to my heart.

AND last year dh and I decided to adopt a human too We are proud parents of a 10 year old girl who came to live with us at the age of 8 as a foster child.

Last edited by Arubalisa; 11-11-2006 at 11:46 AM. Reason: added link to photos of my cats

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-10-2006   #2 (permalink)
himilover

What a story! I am glad your cat is back to himself. It is always hard to see your pet sick. Sounds like you have a wonderful happy home!

Have fun in the forums!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-10-2006   #3 (permalink)
aja3171

It's nice to meet you Arubalisa and Im glad that 6 kitties and a girl found their way in your arms. You have a very good heart and God bless you more!

Tags
adopted , age , baby , bladder , boy , care , cat , color , cool , family , foster , found , fun , fur , girl , happy , hey , home , house , infection , joy , kitties , kitty , nice , pet , petsmart , photos , sick , smart , story , stray , strays

Sponsored Cat Links