It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-30-2006   #11 (permalink)
outdoorcat

Hello and welcome sugarcatgrl. I am sorry for your loss, but your story of being blessed and having wonderful last moments with your sweetheart is beautiful. I think when cats show up on a person's doorstep it's because cat telegraph has somehow spread the news over the countryside that you are good cat mom. I know my aunt was like that and hearing your story reminded me of her sweet memory in my heart as well. Hugs to you.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-30-2006   #12 (permalink)
sugarcatgrl

Default A new Blessing-Thank You!

Thank you for your kind words, Outdoorcat! I do feel my new addition, Ginger, was meant to be with me. I just had her spayed and she's having a hard time with her collar (I forget what they are called) and very unhappy. Your kind words reminded me this will pass.
I too believe cats have a "radar" that brings them to animal/cat lovers. All the cats I've ever had have come to me. At the grocery store I work at there is a store cat that has been there for years; I am slowly gaining his trust. People are amazed he's been on my lap three times! He needs a home and I feel so bad he's out in the cold...
I could write all day but won't! Thank you again. I find solace in my losses reading this forum.
Sugarcatgrl

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-30-2006   #13 (permalink)
sugarcatgrl

I hope you are doing okay Kanesis; Christmas was very hard for me and all I wanted was my cats back. I think about all the pain we read about on these pages, and while it doesn't lessen ours, I don't feel so alone.
Happy New Year to you, and may it be a better one for us all!
Sugarcatgrl
Gretchen

Unread 12-30-2006   #14 (permalink)
outdoorcat

By collar you must mean the "satellite dish" thing (that's what I call them) that keeps them from licking their injuries or stitches after a surgery? They are ALWAYS unhappy with that. My neighbor had her dog fixed and it was hilarious because his name is Radar. Probably it was rude of us to tease him, but we all did.

Unread 01-08-2007   #15 (permalink)
stormy

They find us when we need them. My best friend, who just helped me re-l ocate after 30 years in the same place,,said to me..when I wanted to have my cat adopted...You need the cat more than the cat needs you...so true. She has been a great treasure in my times of need!! Actually more affectionate then she was before..I have dragged her on planes, long road trips in a carrier, motels....and she STILL likes me!!! We are so lucky when those cats show up at our door!!!!

Unread 01-08-2007   #16 (permalink)
sugarcatgrl

I would have too! My brothers dog has one on now, and it's hard not to laugh!

Tags
addition , animal , anxiety , beautiful , boy , cat , cat lovers , cats , changed , christmas , cold , collar , crying , eye , eyes , free , friends , great , happy , hey , holiday , home , joy , kitty , loss , lost , love , lovers , male , moments , morning , night , person , quasi , sad , sick , spayed , stitches , story , stray , surgery , thoughts , vet

Sponsored Cat Links