It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-10-2007   #1 (permalink)
dblj

Default Hello. New and need advice.

Hello everyone. My husband and I adopted an adult female cat last fall. She is an ideal kitty. She is very sweet and well behaved. We do, however, have a huge delima, she is urinating on everything! Even bare floors. We keep her little box clean. I'm afraid we will have to give her up if this continues and I do not want that to happen. If anyone has any ideas as to why she is doing this and/or what we can do, please let me know. Thanks in advance, JJ

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-10-2007   #2 (permalink)
sherri

Wink Welcome

welcome..is she spayed?..that could be one reason...i had a cat that did that, until i got her spayed, after that it stopped..spraying, whether male, or female, is mostly a marking trait, but sometimes a physical condition can cause it too..if she is not spayed i reccommend it, if she is spayed, take her to your vet, and have him look her over, explaing what you've said here...good luck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblj View Post
Hello everyone. My husband and I adopted an adult female cat last fall. She is an ideal kitty. She is very sweet and well behaved. We do, however, have a huge delima, she is urinating on everything! Even bare floors. We keep her little box clean. I'm afraid we will have to give her up if this continues and I do not want that to happen. If anyone has any ideas as to why she is doing this and/or what we can do, please let me know. Thanks in advance, JJ

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-10-2007   #3 (permalink)
Angelkiss

Hi I am sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your kitty. I agree with Sherris advice. One of my cats started urinating on our bedding which was totaly out of character so I took her to the vets...She had a minor bladder infection which was quickly cleared up with antibiotics. She hasn't had any accidents since.
Some cats urinate if they feel intimidated by another cat. A friend of mine had an indoor cat that started having misshaps after the cat noticed another cat looking in through the window. My friend bought some feliway difusers which put her cat at ease again.
If you clean the areas your cat urinates with a biological solution (like you use to wash clothes) this removes the cat smell. If you clean with chlorine based detergents (like bleach) the cat is more likely to urinate in the same place again as the after smell to a cats nose is simular to another cats urine. The cat becomes determined to get rid of the other cat smell and overpower it with its own.
I hope this is of some help to you,
Angelkiss x

Tags
adopted , adult , advice , another cat , antibiotics , bladder , box , cat , cats , clean , color , female , hey , indoor , infection , kitty , male , nose , problem , smell , spayed , urine , vet , wash , window

Sponsored Cat Links