It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-09-2007   #1 (permalink)
mattmoeckel

Smile I'm new here too! Need advice.

About a month ago i got a new kitten. My problem is that the female 2-3 year old tabby i already had has not adapted to the presence of the little one. She just hides and i hardly ever see her. Looking for advice on getting her to come out of hiding? Also anyone know anything about anti-anxiety meds otc or otherwise. Not sure if that might help? Anyone's advice is appreciated. Thanks. -Matt

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-10-2007   #2 (permalink)
Angelkiss

Hi Matt welcome to the forum!
Have you tried Feliway diffusers or sprays? In case you don't already know they release a scent into the air (that is only detected by your cats & not you) The scent replicates the smell of feline facial pherimones which help to put your cat at ease. I have heard of many great results from using Feliway.
You can buy herbal remedies in some pet stores but I have no idea how good they are.
Angelkiss x

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-10-2007   #3 (permalink)
mattmoeckel

Smile Advice appreciated.

Thank you for the tip. Seems Feliway is easy enough to find. I will try it and see how it works. Does have good reviews from what i just read. Thanks again. -Matt

Unread 08-11-2007   #4 (permalink)
Angelkiss

Glad to help! You may be able to get it from your vets...I am not sure but getting it online may be cheaper except it depends on postage costs etc.
I hope it works for you,
Angelkiss x

Tags
advice , age , anxiety , cats , color , female , great , hey , hiding , kitten , mat , new kitten , pet , problem , smell , tabby

Sponsored Cat Links