It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-10-2008   #1 (permalink)
Siamese Louise

Default Meow, Y'all! Greetings From Alabama!

Hi everybody! I'm very excited to be joining the Forum! I am an ardent, life-long cat lover--according to my mom, one of my first words was "memow." Not a bad approximation, for a one year old! Originally from North Carolina, I now live in Alabama with my feline family members, Omar Khayyam and Clementine Sushi. Omar (aka OK) is my 12 year old Tuxedo boy, and Clementine is his little 4 year old Blue Point Siamese sister. Thanks to my brother's recent marriage, I now have--in addition to a cat-loving sister-in-law--a 14 year old Maine Coon-mix "niece," Della Purr. Cats have always been my constant companions.

I am currently undergoing treatment for a recurrent bone tumor. It's a very rare form of cancer, with which I was originally diagnosed nearly 11 years ago. I am so fortunate that there are now new treatments/medications that weren't available back then. My kitties are certainly a tremendous blessing--they have supported me through numerous surgeries, radiation treatment, and now chemotherapy. They rush to greet me whenever I come home from the cancer center, lie with me when I'm sick, and purr for me when I'm in pain--probably the best medicine of all!

I look forward to meeting others who share my passion for cats. Every year my (human) family and I attend the Cotton States Cat Club show in Atlanta, which has been my big opportunity to meet other cat lovers. Now this forum will allow me to talk to y'all all the time! Purrs to everyone!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-10-2008   #2 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

Hello, welcome to the forum! Hope you're doing good. This is a good place to meet other cat lovers.

Looking forward to seeing the pics of your babies!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-11-2008   #3 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Hi,I'm Cheryl from South Wales,owned by 7 fluffy kids.Welcome to you,OK and Clementine.Sorry to hear about your illness,I hope everything is going to be allright.Have you got pics of your babies?Of your "niece" also.xxxxx
Unread 12-11-2008   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi & welcome to the club!

I'm Maya, owned by 6 spoilt & lovely furkids you already saw in my gallery (thank you for your comments on baby Meshee!)
What's your name?
Hope you're doing well & me anxious to see pics of your babies!

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 12-11-2008   #5 (permalink)
Cool Cat

pink29 is on a distinguished road

hello hope u are ok, im from england, looking forward to seein your catsx
Unread 12-11-2008   #6 (permalink)
Siamese Louise

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for your kind messages and warm welcomes! Your "furkids" are lovely--you sound like wonderful kitty parents! I'm going to enlist some help to get my feline children's photos up--I may be biased, but I think they're both just beautiful! (Oh, yes, and my feline niece--the wedding was only last Saturday, so I keep forgetting about her! Poor Della Purr!)

Thanks so much for your kind comments re. my health. Right now I'm holding my own--I have another chemo treatment next Friday (what a Christmas present!) and see my oncologists and other doctors next week, too. Those of us with bone problems don't do too well in the cold, and cold weather has set in down here--I'm staying inside in a blanket--with a cat/cats on my lap for extra warmth! Those of you in the UK are laughing right now about the "cold" down here--since we're right by Florida, our idea of cold is quite different from yours! Take care! Amanda

Unread 12-12-2008   #7 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Hey Amanda,it is freezing in Wales at the mo.Finn+Harley,my 7mth old Siamese mix brothers,popped out the back for a wee yesterday.Boy were they shocked.They shot back into the warm,and didn't try to get out again.I even caught Dylan using their tray,it was too cold for her to go out for a wee.It's easy to upload pics.Maya will give you instructions,she is good at this,I will get lost trying to explain.It may take a few days for the pics to be approved.Or you can add pictures in this thread,they show straight away.You just click on the "go advanced" button below,and then click "manage attachments."Good luck.xxxxx

Last edited by che; 12-12-2008 at 04:48 AM.
Unread 12-12-2008   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi Amanda, hope you feel better!

I know you are suffering from cold, also me. I hate cold weather, I prefer
to live in Hawaii, Tahiti or Bora-Bora... There is always summer!
Well, as Cheryl said, I can teach you how to upload pics: go to "Cat Pictures", in the right side of the screen below the 4 cat's pics you have
"Home" "Search" "Profile" "Upload Photos". Click the last one & follow the instructions, it's very simple!

Good luck,

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 12-12-2008   #9 (permalink)
Siamese Louise

Hi again, Everybody!

Thanks so much for the tutorial on adding kitty photos--I'll have to try it ASAP! Speaking of cold weather, do any of you who live in truly cold places dress up your cats during the winter? I got a package in the mail from a friend today who lives in the mountains in my family's home state, where it is REALLY cold! Inside was a little knit wool hat--at first I thought it was a little cat hat, but it turned out to be a Christmas ornament! Neither kitty would probably have worn it, anyway, and, besides, there was only one--one kitty would've ended up with cold ears!

Take care, and have a great weekend!

Unread 12-13-2008   #10 (permalink)
betor 406

G'day Louise from Australia. Hope you are not feeling too bad at the moment.
Pain is so debilitating and with bone conditions, the cold does make them worst.
I have not been able to walk for 1 1/2 yrs, due to my L5 vertabre being partially missing, I can get around on crutches, so that's something.
My furbubs do make life a little easier to handle the pain, they seem to know that extra cuddles are in order. When my 14 week Afghan puppy, Afshani jumps on the bed, it does kind of hurt, but it is worth it when she gives you puppy kisses and goes to sleep at the end of the bed. She gets alone fine with Lady and I hope she likes our new kitten that is arriving after Christmas.

All the Best,
Susan

Tags
addition , age , babies , baby , beautiful , boy , care , cat , cat lovers , cat pictures , cat's , cats , children , christmas , cold , color , family , great , health , hey , home , hurt , kitten , kitties , kitty , lost , lovers , loving , maine coon , meow , missing , new kitten , photos , pictures , present , problems , profile , puppy , rare , search , siamese , sick , sleep , upload

Sponsored Cat Links