It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-01-2009   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Default Hi All

I am happy to be in a new place.

I have four special needs cats.

The oldest is 17 + years old. She has megacolon, arthritis, kidney disease, heart murmur, hyperthyroid disease, high blood pressure and has had two strokes. She takes medicine 8 times a day, and gets sub q fluids four times a week, which I do at home.

She has been in kidney failure over 2 years, and has been struggling with megacolon for over 4 years. The hyperthyroid and high blood pressure have to go untreated because she is unable to tolerate the medicines that should help. Most of the medicines she takes are her "poop medicines", she also takes cosequin for cats for arthritis.

My next youngest, who is 9 + years old has a seizure disorder and herpes eyes. He has been taking phenobarbital for seizure control for almost 7 years. He takes L-lysine to control the herpes outbreaks.

My third and fourth cats are female, one is 4 + years old and the other almost 3. they both have FLUTD (feline lower urinary tract disease) and eat special prescription food which they are thriving on, and take cosequin for cats to help keep the bladder walls smooth and strong.

All four are rescue or shelter adopted.

My work is with special needs children and I love what I do.

For fun I read, make things, climb mountains and play with my cats.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-01-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi & welcome!

God bless you for helping these creatures. And I thought my Domino who suffers from Arrythmia was the worst problem ever...

What's your name & your kit's?

Hipe to see their pics soon!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-01-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzekmaya View Post
Hi & welcome!

God bless you for helping these creatures. And I thought my Domino who suffers from Arrythmia was the worst problem ever...

What's your name & your kit's?

Hipe to see their pics soon!
Thank you for your warm welcome. It takes me a while to feel safe enough in a new place to share my cats and my names and more personal details.

This seems like a nice friendly place (not all are) and haven't yet seen any flaming or other attacking or judging. I'll continue to browse and post and get a feel for the atmosphere for a while longer, first. I'm a bit o/c about my privacy, having had some not so nice encounters elsewhere.
Unread 01-01-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Oh, I see. So do it when you feel confident...

Unread 01-01-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:

PS I'd like to know more about your Domino, can you give me links to your threads on him, or direct me to them some way?
Unread 01-01-2009   #6 (permalink)
Cool Cat

lagirl1966 is on a distinguished road

acerlt,
Welcome to the forum. This is a wonderful place to make friends with other cat lovers. I am Trish, owned by a beautiful black cat named Boots, who is 4 years old. I think it is so wonderful what you have done for these kitties. It must take alot of work. My kitty stuffy had urinary tract problems and had to eat special food from the vet. Sadly, he passed away at age 18 in 2004. My other kitty Pepper passed in 2002. She was a beautiful grey tabby and lived to be 15. I miss them both so much. I hope and pray your kitties will last a while. Cant wait to see thier pictures. If you would like to see my babies you can see them in my album. Just click on my name.

Trish
Unread 01-01-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Hi Trish, Happy New Year sweetheart, how are you, Boots & your son doing these days?

Unread 01-01-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
PS I'd like to know more about your Domino, can you give me links to your threads on him, or direct me to them some way?
Well, I don't remember exactly but I can tell you that his arrythmia was caused by the enlargement of one of his heart chambers. He always was
overweight & a very nervous kit, maybe these two factors led to his present condition.

Unread 01-01-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagirl1966 View Post
acerlt,
Welcome to the forum. This is a wonderful place to make friends with other cat lovers. I am Trish, owned by a beautiful black cat named Boots, who is 4 years old. I think it is so wonderful what you have done for these kitties. It must take alot of work. My kitty stuffy had urinary tract problems and had to eat special food from the vet. Sadly, he passed away at age 18 in 2004. My other kitty Pepper passed in 2002. She was a beautiful grey tabby and lived to be 15. I miss them both so much. I hope and pray your kitties will last a while. Cant wait to see thier pictures. If you would like to see my babies you can see them in my album. Just click on my name.

Trish
Thank you for the nice friendly welcome. I'm sorry for your recent losses. Caring for these four does take a lot of work, I get tired sometimes, but wouldn't have any of them be anything but who they are.

Their unconditional love and unmeasurable comfort and companionship is worth every second of worry, every gray hair and every penny. (I won't deny it, I spend thousands a year in vet bills, medications etc)

I previously had a kitty who struggled with cancer for two years before she told me she'd had enough almost 4 years ago. and before her I had a kitty who suffered from bad asthma attacks. He also had kidney failure.

My vet has a theory that nature has a way of matching up people with special kitties who can give them the care they need. My vet is fantastic.
Unread 01-01-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Well, I don't remember exactly but I can tell you that his arrythmia was caused by the enlargement of one of his heart chambers. He always was
overweight & a very nervous kit, maybe these two factors led to his present condition.
So Domino is on medication? What's it called? How old is he? Is he on special diet to help reduce his weight? does he have to have a special exercise program? Sorry for all the questions. I don't know anything about arrhythmia in cats so am very interested, in the disease, yes, but in your Domino too

thanks for anything you can tell me

Tags
adopted , age , attacking , babies , beautiful , bills , black , black cat , bladder , care , cat , cat lovers , cats , crazy , diet , eyes , food , friendly , friends , fun , girl , great , grey , happy , healthy , heart murmur , hey , home , house , kitties , kitty , links , love , lovers , lucky , money , nervous , pictures , pill , pills , play , poop , present , problem , problems , shelter , sick , social , street cats , tabby , vet , vet bills , weight , worry

Sponsored Cat Links