It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-01-2009   #1 (permalink)
roxybear214

Unhappy Still having Issues with Bubba!!

Both of my babies have gone to the Vet to get fixed, however Bubba is still crying whenever she isn't being coddled! Could it be because I have recently changed my work schedule, my fiance and I now leave for work at 5:30am and return home around 5pm. I am leaving all the doors open, giving them a treat in the morning leaving them dry food out and fresh water. Their litter box is clean and they have more toys than most children! I'm beginning to worry.. help!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-01-2009   #2 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cheeky
Max24 is on a distinguished road

Lauren,

Some cats are just 'needy'. I refer to my cat Clippy as "high maintenance". She is only happy when you keep petting her and cuddling her. When you stop, you get a claw in the arm or leg. Bubba is just a high maintenance baby. I don't think there is anything physically wrong.

You're doing everything right. Just be patient, Bubba may settle in.

And the Bridge Kids...♥♥♥Abbey, TC, Burger, Bella, Cali, Sarah, Hannah, DynahKathryn, Baybee and Puppy♥♥♥
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-01-2009   #3 (permalink)
roxybear214

Oh, I hope so!! I'm feeling lately like a terrible momma. Before I can even park the car she's get her little nose pushed right up against the door waiting for me...

Unread 02-01-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Yes, that's it. I totally agree with Max, pls be patient.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 02-01-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

12 hours is a long time for kitties to be alone. She will adjust, but there are things you can do to help.

First I recommend installing a feliway plug in or two. these can go a long way toward making cats feel calm and centered. They aren't just for urine marking problems.

Another thing you can do is start a new routine. Every night at the same time devote a half hour or so to getting down on the floor and playing with your cats.

It won't take them long to know that this is their time. they will come to anticipate it, when they see you turn off the computer, or brush your teeth or whatever, they will know soon you will be getting down on the floor and be there for them and only them.

This will help them feel more secure and bonded to you. And you will find yourself looking forward to these sessions, too. It's a great relaxation and stress buster!

It doens't matter how many toys a kitty has, if what she wants is for you to play with her. Introduce different Games at different sessions, soon they will let you know all their favorite things they like to play.

I can offer tips on Games, if you like. Cardboard Box Forts, Paper Bag Forts, Newspaper Tents, Crumpled paper Games, String on a Stick Games.....lots of ideas here!

Oh, and don't forget a daily grooming session will also help.

please read this first
Unread 02-02-2009   #6 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

Right, patience is really needed...
Hoping that you could find a right time management...
So that you can have a time to your baby...

||

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
Unread 02-02-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Red face

We are also almost 12 hours out but my kitties got used to the situation. You need to be patient

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 02-02-2009   #8 (permalink)
roxybear214

Thanks for all the advice! I'll try and start a new routine with them, I would like to note that they do get groomed daily. I'll give you all an update in a few days to let you know if we see any improvement! I hope she get's used to all this soon!!

Unread 02-03-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxybear214 View Post
Thanks for all the advice! I'll try and start a new routine with them, I would like to note that they do get groomed daily. I'll give you all an update in a few days to let you know if we see any improvement! I hope she get's used to all this soon!!
daily grooming is a good start. She wants you to play with her though because that's how kittens really bond, that's how they learn to be cats, through play. Game Time will soon become a very special nightly ritual you all look forward to.

Game Time with two young cats will bring laughter, and as everyone knows "laughter is the best medicine!"<ggg>

So everybody wins!

please read this first
Unread 02-03-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

PS I have a friend who lives in Rhinebeck. And I once had to go to traffic court in an Ulster Co. town, but don't remember which town.

Last edited by acerlt; 02-03-2009 at 12:13 AM.

Tags
advice , art , babies , baby , box , car , cats , changed , children , clean , computer , crisis , crying , discount , dry , dry food , fixed , food , game , games , great , grooming , happy , hey , home , kittens , kitties , kitty , litter , litter box , mat , money , morning , needy , nose , pet , play , playing , problems , save , stop , stress , toys , vet , water , worry

Sponsored Cat Links