It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-16-2009   #1 (permalink)
jndewdrop

Default hello with some questions

hi, i'm new and was wondering if anyone could answer my questions. i took my cat to get groomed and was shocked at what they did. instead of taking off the winter coat they completely shaved him, they left maybe 1inch of hair from the nape of his neck all the way to the tip of his tail and down his legs. The groomer also clipped his whiskers!! they are so short now and she said that she did it to match the shape of his head! is this normal in cat grooming?? she also filed his nails down when he lives with two dogs so he can't even defend himself. i am so upset about all this and i got no response from the vet, whom she works at his office, and the groomer completely made it out as if i did something wrong. please help me!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-16-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Default Hi, welcome to you and your furbabe !

This is common, my friend. Lots of people have beein doing it just for fun, and they call it : FASHION, which I won't buy the idea.. I personally think that they are already perfectly designed by their Creator God the way that suit them best, and I admire the the original design...

Don't worry, just a new lesson to learn, and your kitty has to pay for the price.., it will grow back and next time when you groom your kitty again, make sure that they understand what you expect from them... As for myself, I would rather tell them VERY clearly to avoid misunderstanding..

What is your baby's name ? Any picture ? Pix can be uploaded instantly here with your posts. Or you can also keep them in your profile's album & my photo/my album in Cat Pictures section, only it will take several days to get approved.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-16-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Hi and welcome! I personally found that quite shocking, all of it - and any informed cat person knows that a cat uses its whiskers to navigate spaces and move around. As Irene says, it's a lesson learned for the future and you would never use that place again. Pass on the word to your friends as well!

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx

Tags
baby , cat , cat pictures , dogs , fashion , found , friends , fun , groom , grooming , hey , kitty , nails , picture , pictures , profile , question , upset , vet , worry

Sponsored Cat Links