It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-23-2009   #21 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

You know... After all this talk about Maine Coons and how big they get, and after having spent a LOT of time with a cat I believe to be a MC (pics available on request), I think they're probably going to be the first breed I look at when I finally get a kitty ... Cuz they're just such cool cats.

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-23-2009   #22 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK49BWL View Post
You know... After all this talk about Maine Coons and how big they get, and after having spent a LOT of time with a cat I believe to be a MC (pics available on request), I think they're probably going to be the first breed I look at when I finally get a kitty ... Cuz they're just such cool cats.
I support you! I have one and I do not regret it at all Their fur is also not hard to maintain and they are very talkative making those cute little chirp sounds. They don't develop knots easily. You'll never feel alone ever again, hehe. They prefer to be where you are.

I want two more MCO's in the future.
Unread 06-23-2009   #23 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzlooney View Post
I love long haired cats, too. I promised to get "only" medium haired cats now though because my husband is allergic and I don't wanna make it too hard for him... hehe. But he knew what he was getting into, I told him that I can't live without cats.
My mom is half german and her parents live there so we moved to Germany when I was about 5 years old... so I spent most of my life over there. Until I was 5 we lived in Florida and Texas and I have always had cats around, even as a little baby... Maybe thats why I'm so crazy about them...
The cats pretty much respect each other equally but Pollux (the "smallest", black one) is kind of like their "leader", he decides where to go and what do and the others just follow him.
I can't live without cats either. It's either me and with cats or no me, hehe. I assume you speak German too then? It's cool to know different languages. I'm from Norway, so we share the same continent when you are in Germany

I wasn't allowed to have pets when I grew up (except from goldfish) and I went crazy over that. I started reading books about cats as soon as I learned to read, so I've been obsessing about them ever since I can remember. I got my first cat this year. It feels as if I've been studying and passed my exams and the cat was the result of getting a job after studies, haha
Unread 06-23-2009   #24 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I love long haired cats, too. I promised to get "only" medium haired cats now though because my husband is allergic and I don't wanna make it too hard for him... hehe. But he knew what he was getting into, I told him that I can't live without cats.
My mom is half german and her parents live there so we moved to Germany when I was about 5 years old... so I spent most of my life over there. Until I was 5 we lived in Florida and Texas and I have always had cats around, even as a little baby... Maybe thats why I'm so crazy about them...
The cats pretty much respect each other equally but Pollux (the "smallest", black one) is kind of like their "leader", he decides where to go and what do and the others just follow him.
I saw your albums .. with all those long-haired cats. Poor hubby,,, hehe !
I saw Willy too.... I bet you must have been missing him a lot, especially his soft and fluffy coat... looks so nice to touch ! Happy for him too to have some playmates around.. he'll never be lonely ! Especially when playing Follow the Leader game with them all !
Honestly, I can't live without cats either ! Only two of my cats are short-haired, and Earl Blue the Russian Blue is the only medium-haired cat..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-23-2009   #25 (permalink)
Kitten

mizzlooney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
I can't live without cats either. It's either me and with cats or no me, hehe. I assume you speak German too then? It's cool to know different languages. I'm from Norway, so we share the same continent when you are in Germany

I wasn't allowed to have pets when I grew up (except from goldfish) and I went crazy over that. I started reading books about cats as soon as I learned to read, so I've been obsessing about them ever since I can remember. I got my first cat this year. It feels as if I've been studying and passed my exams and the cat was the result of getting a job after studies, haha
Exactly... me with cats or no me... thats what I told my husband, too... that's what made it a little harder to find an apartment here in the states because they often just don't allow pets and even if, you have to pay a pet deposit (lots of money...) and we pay even rent for our cat (15 $ a month)!! But it's worth it...!
I guess I'm just not used to it because in Germany you can have small animals in every apartment without paying for it, you just can't have a dog in every apartment and if your animals should cause any damage you need to pay for it. Maybe people in Europe are just more pet-friendly...
I was talking to the lady at the shelter here about it, too, because I have never really seen that many- even pure bred- cats or young kittens at a shelter in Germany! I guess people in Germany see cats more as a family member than just as an animal... all the people I know that had a cat, kept it until it died and nobody gave their cats away after they turned from being a cute fluffy kitten into an actual cat...
and you may have seen the big, beatiful MC looking stray cat in my album... everybody in the neighborhood takes care of him, people give him food, a place to sleep when it's cold and they even take him to the doctor... here in the US some people apparently even kill stray cats they see in their neighborhood... I just don't get it.
well, that was a lot of typing... hehe...
oh yeah, and I do speak german, too, by the way... that's why I decided to give my cats german names, cause it's fun to hear Americans pronounce them and as a reminder of all the good cats we always had in Germany!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-23-2009   #26 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

I have and always will be owned by cats.And I am so proud of it too.xxxxx
Unread 06-23-2009   #27 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Exactly... me with cats or no me... thats what I told my husband, too... that's what made it a little harder to find an apartment here in the states because they often just don't allow pets and even if, you have to pay a pet deposit (lots of money...) and we pay even rent for our cat (15 $ a month)!! But it's worth it...!
I guess I'm just not used to it because in Germany you can have small animals in every apartment without paying for it, you just can't have a dog in every apartment and if your animals should cause any damage you need to pay for it. Maybe people in Europe are just more pet-friendly...
I was talking to the lady at the shelter here about it, too, because I have never really seen that many- even pure bred- cats or young kittens at a shelter in Germany! I guess people in Germany see cats more as a family member than just as an animal... all the people I know that had a cat, kept it until it died and nobody gave their cats away after they turned from being a cute fluffy kitten into an actual cat...
and you may have seen the big, beatiful MC looking stray cat in my album... everybody in the neighborhood takes care of him, people give him food, a place to sleep when it's cold and they even take him to the doctor... here in the US some people apparently even kill stray cats they see in their neighborhood... I just don't get it.
well, that was a lot of typing... hehe...
oh yeah, and I do speak german, too, by the way... that's why I decided to give my cats german names, cause it's fun to hear Americans pronounce them and as a reminder of all the good cats we always had in Germany!
I am also surprised over the fact that there are so many pure bred cats in shelters over there. We have no pure breds in shelters here, only DSH and DLH. People who get pure bred usually know how to take care of them since they cost a lot of money.
Animal cruelty cases here are not so extreme either. A few cases have been extreme, but they don't happen nearly as often. We don't have to pay rent for animals either, but some apartments forbid pets.
We also have a law to protect indoor cats, this law is above the law a block or landlord make. It says that it'l legal to keep cats as long as they don't bother other neighbors. Meaning indoor cats. Excessive meowing doesn't count, because it is in a cat's nature to meow.
I like this law. I am prepared to bring it out if I ever get a complaint

Maybe I will start naming my future cats with Norwegian names. We do have some "typical" cat names here, such as "Pus" and "Mons". I don't like them though. Maybe I will name my next one "Ingeborg", haha
Unread 06-23-2009   #28 (permalink)
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Jims View Post
I saw your albums .. with all those long-haired cats. Poor hubby,,, hehe !
I saw Willy too.... I bet you must have been missing him a lot, especially his soft and fluffy coat... looks so nice to touch ! Happy for him too to have some playmates around.. he'll never be lonely ! Especially when playing Follow the Leader game with them all !
Honestly, I can't live without cats either ! Only two of my cats are short-haired, and Earl Blue the Russian Blue is the only medium-haired cat..
yeah... but now I'm only having medium haired cats so he should be ok. I still absolutely love long haired cats though, especially when they're big (like most MCs).
I do miss Willy but as fluffy and cute as he is, he never really got along with humans as good as with cats so I'm glad I decided to leave him in Germany with his friends!
We used to have a Russian Blue, too... he was there when I was born and always looked after me, we brought him back to Germany, too.
A while after he died and my mom decided that she couldn't live without another cat, we got this beautiful Norwegian Forest cat named Cashmere from a shelter. He was older but he was the sweetest cat ever and the life of the party whenever somebody came to visit...! It was so horrible when he died, we cried our eyes out- even friends that used to come over loved him so much that they were really upset.
Ever since then my mom is obsessed with Norwegian Forest cats and now she has two of them.
Unread 06-23-2009   #29 (permalink)
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
I am also surprised over the fact that there are so many pure bred cats in shelters over there. We have no pure breds in shelters here, only DSH and DLH. People who get pure bred usually know how to take care of them since they cost a lot of money.
Animal cruelty cases here are not so extreme either. A few cases have been extreme, but they don't happen nearly as often. We don't have to pay rent for animals either, but some apartments forbid pets.
We also have a law to protect indoor cats, this law is above the law a block or landlord make. It says that it'l legal to keep cats as long as they don't bother other neighbors. Meaning indoor cats. Excessive meowing doesn't count, because it is in a cat's nature to meow.
I like this law. I am prepared to bring it out if I ever get a complaint

Maybe I will start naming my future cats with Norwegian names. We do have some "typical" cat names here, such as "Pus" and "Mons". I don't like them though. Maybe I will name my next one "Ingeborg", haha

hahaha... yeah, "Ingeborg" is not bad... Willy's "full name" is Willibald von Rupfkopf- meaning Willibald of the Fluffyheaded or something... I just thought it would be good name, considering his long hair...
my cat now doesn't have a common german cat name either... Wuerschtle means "little sausage" and I just thought it would be cute.
I'm probably gonna name the new cat Schnitzel...
Unread 06-23-2009   #30 (permalink)
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by che View Post
I have and always will be owned by cats.And I am so proud of it too.xxxxx
yeah... me, too... and I don't think anything could ever change that

Tags
adorable , animal , another cat , apartment , art , attack , baby , beautiful , bengal , bills , bite , bites , black , boy , breed , brown , care , cat , cat stories , cats , cold , color , cool , crazy , cute , eyes , fast , food , found , friendly , friends , fur , game , girl , great , hey , home , kitten , kitty , laser , legal , licking , love , maine coon , mat , meowing , movies , moving , new home , new to this , nice , obsession , persian , pet , pictures , play , playing , problems , roger , search , shelter , shoes , sleep , small , socialize , stories , story , stray , struggle , travel , vet bills , video , worry

Sponsored Cat Links