It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-22-2009   #1 (permalink)
nanc512

Default New Member

I am a new member and a new owner to a beautiful 10 week old Maine Coon or Maine Coon mix. We got her from a rescue and they told us she was a he. We took her to the vet to get acquainted and the vet wasn't sure, because of the size. We just took her back for shots and found out he is a she.

So, now we have a beautiful black Maine Coon kitten. The vet also thinks she isn't full Maine Coon, but we don't care.

My 21 year old son wanted a dog from the beginning, but when he was around one, his allergies acted up. Now, he is wanting a dog, we are thinking of one that has been good for those with allergies, but I am worried about the kitten.

Is it hard to introduce a puppy to a home where there is a kitten? I know cats typically rule the house and I am concerned about adding a dog to the mix.

Thanks.

Nancy

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-22-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Hi Nancy ! Welcome aboard ! Concats for the new kitten. No matter what breed she is or how pure she is, I'm sure she is still your beloved fur-baby... What's her name (or have you given her a new name, knowing that she's a girl instead of a boy ?)

Be rest assured to adopt the puppy, as long as you properly handle the introduction process.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-22-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Hi Nancy, and welcome to the forum good choice on the kitty - I also have a maine coon called Sasha, and another little girl called Pixie, pics in my profile.

Irene is right, there should be no problem, especially as they are both still babies!

You must post some pics of her, and yes - tell us her name

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 07-22-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Welcome! I think it will be less hard making a kitten and a puppy friends than making them friends when they are adults

I'm Katrine, I have a Maine Coon cat called Anastasia. I have pics of her on my album and I hope you will post some pics very soon!
Unread 07-23-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi Nancy, welcome to the club!

Don't think it will be a problem to get a puppy now.

Hope to see pix soon!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
allergies , babies , baby , beautiful , black , boy , breed , care , cat , cats , dog , found , friends , fur , girl , hey , home , house , introduction , kitten , kitty , maine coon , maine coon cat , mat , new kitten , new member , problem , profile , puppy , rescue , vet

Sponsored Cat Links