It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-18-2009   #11 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Hi Mike and family, welcome, what a fabulous story. Thanks for sharing. xxxxx

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-22-2009   #12 (permalink)
Kitten

mike1024 is on a distinguished road

I have some pictures of Miezka and Mowgli in my profile album uploaded.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-23-2009   #13 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

Miezka & Mowgli are such beautiful cats.
Thank you for sharing the story of Miezka. You & Janette are very kind people to have rescued Miezka.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-05-2009   #14 (permalink)
Kitten

I have two cats, Miezka and Mowgli. Now I want to report how it was, as a Mowgli entered here. Maybe some words are unclear in the history. “Dosi” is the abbreviation for "Dosenöffner", also can opener. It is a word which has become naturalized in Germany for cat’s owner. “Basta” is also such a word, I cannot translate it, but it signifies so much like end, ready or only end. “Brekkies” is a dry fodder of a manufacturer. I hope, nevertheless, that you a lot of fun with read of the events have.
Unread 12-05-2009   #15 (permalink)
Kitten

D-Day part 1

Big generals plan her invasions long in Ahead. Only it comes for those which count an invasion in most cases, nevertheless, quite unexpectedly.
Above all if it concerns, so to speak, an one-man's invasion.
There helps only one: Fraternisation!
On Saturday I have to effect in the city centre some purchases. Miezka wants to come along like so often, she goes with pleasure by the tram, provided, it is a window place. Quite by the way I take during the purchase the "cypress", a free newspaper with private classified ads. Sometimes one can get hold there of a bargain.
At home the bought is put away for the moment and then eaten a little. So alongside the "cypress" is also paged through. Only the column "motorcycles" is seen through sometimes and several advertisements are marked. Time see whether I find a useful machine.
Then the "cypress" is just seen through without searching something certain.
And anyhow, I do not point why, my look gets stuck in an announcement under the column "animal market".
Anyhow, simply in such a way, I cannot explain it. „To deliver three kittens, 12 weeks old“ and a telephone number here in a partial place.
I must be crazy. On the other hand.... No, this does not go. Or, nevertheless?
Then Miezka would have a playfellow. But I am on the move a lot and Miezka always comes along. With two cats this does not go. And a small cat is not allowed to do for the moment some time out. But I have in the next time work which I can do from at home and on the Internet.
Nevertheless, so it goes, or? No, no, but in the sea park there are at least four cats, with three from those she gets on rather well. But whether gets Miezka with a new cat in the flat on ...?
Oh well, according to advertisement the putties are only 12 weeks old.
But, nevertheless....
White of the vultures what has made me, then call, nevertheless, there.
At the other end is a girl at the fact whom after my question after the cats his mother calls.
From the mother I also agree like information. Clear I can have one, but today not, they would still have to leave. Whether was it right tomorrow? And also nobody wants to give them simply in such a way, she would want thirty euros, so to speak, as a protective fee.
This is OK.
The next day is Sunday, Whitsun Sunday. So transport box caught, one more cover taken for a ride and loose it goes.
The traffic facilities are excellent here, also of Sunday, so I renounce the spirit-eating car and take the coach. After 30 minutes I come. The house is to be found light, it lies near the bus stop. It is a quite normal family, only just her cat three kitten has agreed and because in the household before already two cats were, they could not keep them.
They still have a little tomcat. It is the last, the other two were fetched in the morning at different people. The mother is the Main Cone, the father unknown. He is quite black and sweet sooo. How I take him on the arm, he squeezes to me. And because he is still quite small, Miezka manages certainly him. On my question whether he had a name one said, yes, Mowgli, how from the jungle book.
„Are there then the specific features which I must follow with him “ „Yes, he eats only dry fodder, we have not got to accustom him to wet feed. Otherwise, he is housebroken, but he must still be wormed and be inoculated. “ The woman still gets my telephone number, so that show them where Mowgli gets and can visit him maybe also sometimes. We still talk a little and then it goes with Mowgli in his new home.
In the coach and the tram there is on the occasion of comments. „Oh, what sweet kitten!“ and the similar.
At home come Mowgli remains for the moment for half an hour in the box.
Miezka looks, sniffs and do not point so surely what it should hold of it quite briefly is hissed, but because the foreign intruder remains in the box, it is crept around for the moment watchfully this.
Then I open carefully the box, from Miezka distrustfully gazed. Carefully ventures on Mowgli from the box. Herewith, so to speak, the first land way, the invasion is begun. But in that way of smart-alecky approach is disapproved by Miezka on the extreme. Now Mowgli is outdoors and wants Miezka sniff.
Want, should not be called that he is allowed to do this!
Evil hissing of Miezka: It's my home, my castle!
Because, however, Mowgli with in that way explained possession claims can start nothing and approaches unflustered further, he gets for the moment one of Miezka wiped and flees in the next corner.
It is, so to speak, the quite personal D-Day.
I think to practice myself exclusively as a war correspondent and to protect, besides, strict neutrality.
Nevertheless, Miezka gets some strokes. I do not want that she feels put back.
Now Mowgli comes again creep up, but Miezka, the tail like a loo brush, spits at him immediately and lifts threateningly the paw.
The headman of a small Gallic village said that one has to fear nothing, except that to one of the skies falls on the head. But still is not of all days evening.
We will see.
Unread 12-05-2009   #16 (permalink)
Kitten

D-Day part 2

The fights continue, but piece around piece the positions are conquered, until at first a traffic jam stamps in Quo.
Miezkas explained place is under the couch and Mowgli has prepared behind the desk. Besides, there remains for some time which I am of use around dry fodder to fill in.
Because everything was very short-term, I could procure for Mowgli of course still no own Feed napf and own cat's loo.
The next day is a holiday, so I can finish only on Tuesday.
Uff, this was „ the longest day “, look we sometimes as it goes on.
Sleep off for the moment a round. However, at night I will hiss by agressives woken up. Mowgli has also jumped in the bed and would like to cuddle. Only is Miezka there of other opinion. If here somebody cuddles, then them! Basta! There goes off a hiss which falls silent, however, after some seconds again. Mowgli is somewhere and Miezka squeezes to me. Thus the night passes, widely without event. As the only novelty would be marked that I was not woken up against my expectation by Miezka between 2 and 3 o'clock to the play. But after old custom I have briefly woken in the time anyhow. Miezka lies beside me, not sleeping, but wide awake, however, absolutely still.
Monday, day two, the conquest of other territory.
Over and over again Mowgli in the dry fodder tries to come, but he does not dare if he Miezka sees. However, obviously he is not stupid.
Since Miezka follows an old cat's tradition. Wants to be called, at night one is to be held awake around for example Dosi on trot, so that one can nicely kip during the day. She dozes in her cat's cave what is used by Mowgli immediately to get, finally, sometimes what nutritious between the teeth. However, now and then both velvet paws from her positions get closer to themselves by no means. Only about evening the distance on 1 metre shrinks without hiss.
Tuesday, day three. The fronts have cleared and have approximated, there is hope for a peace conference.
Still I have not liked the sky on the head.
But for the moment something else queues.
Today it goes for the moment in the veterinary hospital. Mowgli must become examined, inoculated and a identification chip. In addition, I would want a euro-animal passport and if a drug agrees against worms. Again it is taken in addition the tram.
The look, the Miezka to me throws when I leave the flat with the box and Mowgli, is heavy to solve.
Finally, the unholy troublemaker is away again!
In the veterinary hospital Mowgli is extremely dear and lets everything about itself go out, investigation and vaccination. He is healthy, gets a identification chip and an animal passport.
Again at home Miezka hisses immediately when she sees the transport box.
She probably thinks, I would have removed the intruder.
This can give still what.
Now they go for themselves at least not more so crassly from the way. Now at least Miezka is not any more under the couch and Mowgli not more behind the desk.
Although ... a considerable distance to each other they still take. Mowgli on the couch and Miezka on the cupboard.
The little one looks longingly after the tallness and the tallness distrustfully after the little one. Only just an invasion is none such if the conquered area is taken not completely.
But only one gazes at himself during some hours. In this state of the cold war nothing also changes during the next days.
Miezka acts what she wants, here, in the end, she is the boss, and Mowgli waits to her sleeps around to his feed to come. Only four days later a serious softening of the hardened points of view arises.
In this evening I have no desire to the cooking. A state with which there are grilled chickens is some hundred metres farther. And exactly such I think to stow away. Of course is aware to me that this will not be so easy, because Miezka is sharp on grilled chicken's meat like the devil after the poor soul. I must watch that she does not pinch everything from the plate to me. Because of Mowgli I do to myself no worries, that likes only Brekkies and the similar. At least this was my opinion up to this time. So a piece of meat is cut out and given Miezka. Now this does not fit the little one.
Since when the black fur bundle sees that Miezka what gets, he comes run. If this eats, I am able to do it also and if it is only in protest! Also basta! Miezka is occupied so much with the consumption of the chicken's meat that it does not interest whether Mowgli gets something. Briefly in it sniff and then it is exterminated with pleasure. Oh, in this household there is what the fine. Nevertheless, there one should see what else gives to scoff it. So sometimes observe what the red-white striped boss of the house takes thus to herself. At an unobserved moment he creeps to Miezka's Feed napf and sniffs in it. It smells probably not badly. So it is nibbled sometimes in it. Hmmm .... well! And thus he looks to himself into Miezka's wet feed. Just, just, this is for Miezka, Dosi has for you also what if you like it. And now thus Mowgli gets sometimes the wet feed which he exterminates then also with pleasure.
The problem „ Only dry fodder “ would be solved therefore.
Now more and more the both approach.
It is Saturday again when I want in the city centre on the weekly market. Miezka ordinarily wants to come along if it notices that I want to go. But now she stands in the open front door, the rope invested and do not show so surely whether she has to go with. Over and over again she looks purely. Probably wants to remain at home, look whether does the little one do nothing?
Well, becomes level again linen loose. Hardly one says „ linen loose “, it is again in it. I can only hope that no much too big chaos rules if I come back again.
Because I am often on Saturday with Miezka at the weekly market, and many people Miezka know meanwhile, I am demanded now and then. „ What, today without cat? “ The purchases stretch, but finally I have everything.
Like I come again home the both play with each other! Nevertheless, from zero on now, this there is not!
I am quite superfluous here! Miezka has not only capitulated and has come to an arrangement with Mowgli, but has shot something like friendship with him.
And hours later I observe how Mowgli Miezka licks the fur.
So, now I have two of the velvet pawing slave holders.
I have anticipated it and now it has happened.
I have liked the sky on the head!
Unread 12-05-2009   #17 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Nice story Mike - good to know how you got Mowgli and how he and Miezka finally got to be friends

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 12-05-2009   #18 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

hallan is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the story Mike, I always enjoy reading them. They make me smile, you have a very humourous outlook on things!

Tags
addition , animal , apartments , black , box , car , cat , cat's , cats , cave , crazy , crying , cut , eating , facts , fast , fight , fights , free , friends , fur , girl , great , guide , hey , hissing , home , hybrid , internet , kitten , kittens , love , maine coon , morning , mouse , nervous , new home , nice , night , opinion , person , pictures , play , problem , problems , profile , question , rescue , sale , save , sleeping , small , smart , stop , story , striped , type , vacation , why? , wild , window , worry

Sponsored Cat Links