It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-20-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

momma2many is on a distinguished road
Default New to the forums and 1st time kitty owner!

Hello everyone!
Yesterday I adopted 2 female kittens about 9 weeks old. They were found abandoned in a field with their mom and 4 other siblings. Unfortunately, the mom and other siblings did not make it (there were reports that they all may have been thrown into the field from a moving car).
My three boys and I are first time cat owners so I look forward to educating myself on the forum.

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-21-2009   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

DickIrwin is on a distinguished road

Hello Mama...

So glad you were able to save a couple of those babies. We have a mother and 3 (was 5, but we placed 2 of them) of her kittens. We think the mother was abandoned by the people who were busted in a crack hose nearby. She had the 5 babies a week and a half after we captured her. All the remaining, including mom, have now been spayed or neutered. They are all doing very well.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-21-2009   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

jeff_f is on a distinguished road

That was so nice of you to do. It must be nice to have two new members of the house.

Jeff
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-21-2009   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

DickIrwin is on a distinguished road

Hi Jeff ... It's been quite a challenge working with the ferral cats in our neighborhood. We still have about 4 that live in an old shed in our back yard, or under the front steps where there's a couple of holes than can get through. We found 3 babies a few weeks ago and were able to capture one before they scattered. We call him Bud. He is fitting in to the rest of our cat clan very well.

We don't like the idea of using cages to capture the cats. It seems extreme. So, we feed them and try to get them used to us enough that we can finally pet them. Finally, we try to scruff the cat and get them into a cage indoors where we take care of them and get them used to people being nice and not scary.

Last edited by DickIrwin; 11-23-2009 at 03:21 AM.
Unread 11-21-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

Hello & welcome to you & your two little kittens!
I'm glad they've found a loving home with you and I am sure they'll bring you much joy.
You'll find lots of good advice on this forum.
I'm Helen & I have two cats.
Unread 04-18-2010   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

perkins is on a distinguished road

i used to work in an office next to a small river.

it was so sad, every week we had to send a guy down to fish a bad of dead kittens out broke your heart every time. if we ever caught someone doing it... heck there wouldnt be much less and a bigger bag to fish out the next day
Unread 04-18-2010   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

MewBui is on a distinguished road

hey there, good luck with your 2 new kittens

Tags
adopted , advice , babies , car , care , cat , cats , color , female , fish , found , hey , home , house , joy , kittens , kitty , loving , moving , nice , pet , sad , save , scary , siblings , small , spayed

Sponsored Cat Links