It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-25-2010   #11 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Busy
carrie is on a distinguished road

Oh, yes, I would appreciate that! Just let me know the next step, I am very new to the world of forums I accidentally minimized my little mini-statistic display, and I can't seem to get it back! A bit technologically challenged, I'll admit
I'll be back in the am...
~Thanks~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-25-2010   #12 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie View Post
Oh, yes, I would appreciate that! Just let me know the next step, I am very new to the world of forums I accidentally minimized my little mini-statistic display, and I can't seem to get it back! A bit technologically challenged, I'll admit
I'll be back in the am...
~Thanks~
There should just be a little set of arrows, much like or on the far right of the title bar where the statistics (etc) should be. Click that and they'll return

EDIT:: On second thought, I guess that's not so true.. Apparently the collapsed arrow image is mis-linked. *http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/images/freshbluetemplate/buttons/collapse_generic_collapsed.gif* does not exist, therefore... I'm not sure how you're supposed to get those back, lol! I was able to get mine back just by changing the html to point to a different image using Firebug in Firefox, but I know most of you don't have that ability...

Last edited by AK49BWL; 01-25-2010 at 11:06 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-26-2010   #13 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Fine
dollydaft is on a distinguished road

Hello

I'm fairly new myself...welcome to the forum from me and our bonnie Kittens, Molly and Lilly.

Molly and Lilly are house cats, because we live close to the A96, and too many of our neighbours cats are killed there.
like yourself we love our pets.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0012.jpg (93.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Lilly.jpg (62.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0005.jpg (91.5 KB, 1 views)
Unread 01-26-2010   #14 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Hi Carrie and welcome to you, Alice and Leo.

Oh my word, they are lush.

I'm Cheryl, owned by 6 fluffy kids.

Give your furkids a big fluffy hug from me. xxxxx
Unread 01-26-2010   #15 (permalink)
Kitten

Hi!

Thanks everyone for the welcome! Hey, no worries about the avatar, I'll fix it eventually

Molly and Lilly are so pretty! We keep the cats indoors as well. We live in the "country" in a rather quiet neighborhood, but it's still so important to keep them in! There are woods, dogs, they could get lost, catch something, who knows?

Alice regularly risks life & limb to get outdoors. She's had the door shut on her so many times! She'll stake it out, and make a break for it when you're not looking. One time, she went out to the back yard only to have the neighbors lab chase her up a tree! She went up about 30 ft, I found her up there calling me. She tried to shimmy down, but ended up falling most of the way. Good thing she was young.

Nice to meet you Cheryl! Thanks for the compliment! When I was younger we were up to about that many cats. It makes for a full house!

As the song from Annie goes, "I thing I'm gonna like it here..."

~Carrie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to carrie For This Useful Post:
Unread 01-26-2010   #16 (permalink)
Kitten

Hey! My avatar's been set! Thank you for taking the time to do that!
I appreciate it

~Carrie~

Unread 01-26-2010   #17 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Sick
Dj Dapper Don is on a distinguished road

Hello! i just joined too! This is a great place I love it!
Unread 01-26-2010   #18 (permalink)
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie View Post
Hi!

Thanks everyone for the welcome! Hey, no worries about the avatar, I'll fix it eventually

Molly and Lilly are so pretty! We keep the cats indoors as well. We live in the "country" in a rather quiet neighborhood, but it's still so important to keep them in! There are woods, dogs, they could get lost, catch something, who knows?

Alice regularly risks life & limb to get outdoors. She's had the door shut on her so many times! She'll stake it out, and make a break for it when you're not looking. One time, she went out to the back yard only to have the neighbors lab chase her up a tree! She went up about 30 ft, I found her up there calling me. She tried to shimmy down, but ended up falling most of the way. Good thing she was young.

Nice to meet you Cheryl! Thanks for the compliment! When I was younger we were up to about that many cats. It makes for a full house!

As the song from Annie goes, "I thing I'm gonna like it here..."

~Carrie
Thank you...Our neighbours, keep asking us when Molly and Lilly will get to go outside like all the other cats around here
........(they'll get out, when there is snowball fights in hell, lol.)

Molly and Lilly love running up and downstairs, and they also think everything they see is a toy, so will if they get a chance, steal small objects like pens etc.....

Sorry the story of your Alice up a tree, made me smile...reminded me of something concerning a cat belonging to my granddads next door neighbour.

I grew up in a wee highland village, and my granddad, (whose now 93, still lives there.)
Up until Sept 2009 we had a female labrador cross dog called Brandie, (our beloved Brandie was 15 when she died.)
Anyway about 6 years ago when Brandie was a younger dog, we were visiting granddad for a couple of weeks, and he still had his small white terrier called Dileas.

Granddads neighbour had this cat...who loved to walk along the garden wall, and torment the two dogs, by calmly walking back and forth.
(the cat did this every single time he saw the dogs in the garden as if he knew that up on the wall, the dogs couldn't reach him.

One day we were all sitting in granddads back garden when we heard the dogs barking and going crazy, we looked and sure enough...this cat was calmly walking back and forth and the dogs were practically bouncing up and down.
.....(Granddads dog Dileas was a year older than mine.)

It was almost as if the cat was laughing at the dogs.............till it fell off, and both dogs pounced...each put a paw on the poor cat, then looked at each other as if to say...we've caught it now...what are we meant to do with it....

Of course we rescued the cat...but it was funny to see the looks of confusion on the dogs faces...they didn't hurt the cat...they didnt seem to want to...it was more excitement at seeing it pacing the top of the wall.

(The photo's are of our Brandie and granddads white terrier Dileas.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Dapper Don View Post
Hello! i just joined too! This is a great place I love it!
Hello, and welcome to you too....for me, and our kittens, Molly and Lilly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dileas.jpg (91.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Brandie, saying hello.jpg (95.9 KB, 1 views)
Unread 01-26-2010   #19 (permalink)
Kitten

Yes, there is absolutely no good reason for them to go outdoors. Any vet will tell you that, and any good breeder will have you agree to it before purchasing a kitten. Just tell your neighbors you are following the advice of your vet, as he wants Molly & Lilly to live a long time!

Oh my goodness what a funny story! Cute doggies! It is so true about dogs. They chase the cats but have no idea what to actually do with them. It's all about the chase. I have a Sheltie puppy who chases the cats constantly. She actually gets a hold on Leo's tail & pulls! It get quite chaotic around here. Oh well, she'll grow out of it. I had my lovely Bonny (another Sheltie) for 16 years, her full name was Sweet Bonny Sky of Aberdeen

~Carrie~

Unread 01-26-2010   #20 (permalink)
Kitten

Hi carrie

Apparently (according to our neighbours,) we are cruel for keeping our kittens indoors, and in a way our main reason is selfish, as we could not bear the thought of them wandering onto the A96, and never being seen again.
If we keep them in with lots of toys scratch posts etc, we at least know they are safe...and to be honest they dont seem unhappy.

Molly and Lilly were given to us, (see earlier posts,) They were part of a second litter in a short space of time, have since found out that their dad was a stray...and also the vet suspects they were younger than we were told.

We live a less than a half hour drive from Aberdeen, but we're not originally from this area, I was brought up in Kinlochleven, (wee highland village, 7 miles from Glencoe.) granddad and my dad, still live there, and my man is originally from Glasgow.

I love to go home to visit dad and granddad, I have always liked to be around older people, maybe because I think that as they have lived longer than me, they might have learned something in those extra years.....so I could happily spend hours listening to granddad, (who has very possibly forgotten more than I'll ever know.)

Up until a little over a year ago, when his eyesight got too bad, my granddad was on the internet emailing his children, grandchildren and great grandchildren, (he's 93yrs old now.) Granddad taught us that you are never too old to learn...

We lost my mum in 2002, and she was only 60, and granddads eldest child...before that I had never thought of granddad as an old man, he had always been there, and I guess I took his presence for granted...when mums life support was removed, I was watching granddad, he seemed to age in moments, and his health has declined ever since, but he is still living in his own home, and my dad and uncle's check on him and my stepgran every day.

Below are snapshots of Kinlochleven and surrounding.

Tags
babies , birthday , black , boy , california , car , cat , cats , christmas , classic , color , crazy , cute , dogs , eyes , family , fights , found , friendly , friends , fun , fur , happy , hey , home , hurt , internet , joy , lost , love , maine coon , maine coon cat , meow , morning , moving , nice , personality , photos , picture , pictures , profile , puppy , scared , sleeping , small , story , travel

Sponsored Cat Links