It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-25-2010   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Busy
carrie is on a distinguished road
Smile Hi Everyone, I Just Joined

Hi Everyone,

My name is Carrie. I'm from Maine, USA. We have 2 wonderful Maine Coons, who are a very important part of our family. I've had a houseful of pets as long as I can remember. This is my first forum, ever! Since I'm a busy mom and fur-mom, I thought it was about time to get out on the internet and start connecting!

Anyway, Alice is black (we just learned she's a black smoke, it can be hard to tell sometimes) and Leo is a Classic Cameo. He's our big boy, about 18 pounds. They'll be 6 years old in March. I think we're going to throw an all-out birthday party They are full of fun and personality & keep our busy home happy!

In the morning I'll post a few photos to share,
~Carrie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-25-2010   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Cheerful
celestial2254 is on a distinguished road

Hi! My name is Celeste. I'm fairly new here also. Glad ur here! I have 14 cats total! 7 inside & 7 outside. We used to have a maine coon named Addison & he was such a sweetie! He would meow & look up @ us & if u werent payin attention, he would jump up in our arms right up on our shoulders!! We lost him 2 1/2 yrs ago when we were moving. My daughter was drivin the car that held the cats (only 5 @ the time) & she fell asleep & drove the car off the road. She was ok but the carrier that held Addison broke open & he got away. It was 2am & we called & called but he never came back. We hope someone found him & he's living the good life! Hope to see pics of ur babies soon!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-25-2010   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

Jane Phillips is on a distinguished road

Hi Carrie! I once had a Maine Coon by the name of Murry. I named her that because she murred instead of purred! She lived for over 17 years. I posted her photo on this web site. I took her photo in front of our Christmas tree and used it for my card the next year. Hope you enjoy this web site and we'll see you here often! Jane Karen Phillips
Unread 01-25-2010   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

Walkinglady is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Walkinglady
Default Hi Carrie :-)

I'm a fellow New Englander like yourself, but transplanted myself to the SF bay area of California back in the late 80's. I don't have a cat (complex doesn't allow pets), but I do love them.

20+ yrs ago I worked in Boston w/a lady who used to come from Maine. We loved to (jokingly) tease her about her accent. She took it all in stride and joined in along with us. ;-D Now, I can't even remember her name. She was a nice lady though.

Hope you make a lot of friends here.
Walkinglady
Unread 01-25-2010   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I think I'm going to like it here. It seems so friendly, and positive.

Celeste, I'm sorry to hear about that. But, I have a feeling that you're right, and someone found Addison, then couldn't give him up. Jane, that link didn't work for me, it took me to a web design site! I'd really love to see a picture, though! And Walkinglady, thanks for the welcome! I've lived in Maine all my life, but I can say honestly, I do not have that accent! Although I can do an excellent imitation!

OK, here are some photos of the kids. How many is too many? We take a lot of pictures! On to the show, here are some pics...

I have a few more photos...
Did I mention we take a lot of pictures around here??

~Carrie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maine-coon-kitten-alice.jpg (23.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg maine-coon-kitten-leo.jpg (21.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg maine-coon-kittens-favorite.jpg (22.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg alice-ontop-leo.jpg (16.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg black-smoke-maine-coon.jpg (14.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg black-coon-kitten-stairs.JPG (9.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg comfy-kitten-leo.jpg (21.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg leo-chair.jpg (27.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg maine-coon-in-sun.jpg (27.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg sunny-leo.jpg (17.3 KB, 4 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 01-25-2010   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

EvieSkye is on a distinguished road

Welcome, Im new too! Cute cats you have.
Unread 01-25-2010   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

Oh my goodness what a bunch of sweet little fuzzies you have! I especially love the one on the lower right hand corner.. The big fluffy Maine Coon.
Unread 01-25-2010   #8 (permalink)
Kitten

Smile

Thanks!

It's actually just a lot of pictures of the same 2 cats! The black one is Alice and the cameo is Leo, our big boy. He does photograph well They are pretty easy on the eyes, I admit! Can you believe they are from the same litter?!?

By the way, I have a question & I have no idea how or where to ask. I uploaded a profile pic, and it doesn't show up by my name next to my post, just that square with the question mark. What to do?

~Carrie

Unread 01-25-2010   #9 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

Hello, Carrie! Nice too meet you. Your cats look fantastic.

Unread 01-25-2010   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie View Post
Thanks!

It's actually just a lot of pictures of the same 2 cats! The black one is Alice and the cameo is Leo, our big boy. He does photograph well They are pretty easy on the eyes, I admit! Can you believe they are from the same litter?!?

By the way, I have a question & I have no idea how or where to ask. I uploaded a profile pic, and it doesn't show up by my name next to my post, just that square with the question mark. What to do?

~Carrie
The profile pic is set only for your profile viewing page, the ? over there is your avatar. If you want your profile picture as your avatar, I can set that for you. For some reason, the admin has it so that regular users can't set their own avatars, I think to keep new users (spammers, etc) from setting illicit images for everyone on the site to see.

Tags
babies , birthday , black , boy , california , car , cat , cats , christmas , classic , color , crazy , cute , dogs , eyes , family , fights , found , friendly , friends , fun , fur , happy , hey , home , hurt , internet , joy , lost , love , maine coon , maine coon cat , meow , morning , moving , nice , personality , photos , picture , pictures , profile , puppy , scared , sleeping , small , story , travel

Sponsored Cat Links