It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-21-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Duncan'sMommy is on a distinguished road
Default New Kitten Mommy

Hi there! I'm Laney. I am a college student at the University of Alabama. I grew up with cats, so when I moved away to school, I had to get one. It took me three years, but I finally found my Duncan. He is 7 months old, and full of energy. We (my fiancee John and I) got him at the shelter for Valentine's day. He had been in the shelter his entire (short) life, and had a respiratory infection when he got home. He's feeling better now, but still a bit sneezy. He loves sleeping upside down and in hammocks. His favorite toys are practice golf balls (basically ping pong balls with holes) and the box our wii came in. He is very playful. He is a beautiful silver and white tabby color with white paws and solid dark grey on his spine. Sometimes in pictures he looks brown, but he is all grey and silver. He is an indoor cat. He loves climbing and boxes. He is very vocal about everything he wants, which is usually food. He likes to nibble on John and I and he grooms us all the time. He is an adorable addition to our family.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg posing.jpg (72.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg duncan.jpg (83.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Duncan Doughnut.jpg (91.6 KB, 4 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-21-2010   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Mellow
JackTheKat is on a distinguished road

lol... why doesn't Duncan just make himself at home?? I love that sleeping position he has and you are so lucky that he is an indoor cat. It would great to keep him that way because a taste of the great outdoors could very well awaken the "hunter" in him.. that's what happened to my Cosmo, although Cosmo is such a klutz that I doubt if he would catch anything! ...Be that as it may, I wish Duncan a happy life with you and John..I think he lucked into a good deal when you guys adopted him. He looks like quite a "character".
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-21-2010   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

Oh yea, I had indoor/outdoor cats when I was growing up. The days they wouldn't come home were hard. I don't think I could handle that with my baby. He will be an indoor cat as long as we can keep him that way. He's not much of a darter, either. He's never tried to run out the door as we are coming or going, so I'm not very worried about him getting out. The coolest thing he does is talk. If you look at him and ask him a question, he'll meow back. We have long conversations with him all the time. It's adorable!
Unread 03-21-2010   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Mellow
JackTheKat is on a distinguished road

Ha-ha.. that's cute. The idea of you two meowing at one another. I sometimes sing the theme from "Hawaii 5-0" to Meatball in meows, and she just looks at me like I've lost my mind. Yeah, try to keep Duncan's interests inside the house because the worst thing Ellen did was put Cosmo on a leash and walk him around the backyard. Now he constantly wants to go out because he knows what he is missing... the cheeky little sod.
Unread 03-21-2010   #5 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Hi Laney and Duncan, welcome.

Well, what can I say? He is stunning. Lush. Handsome. A real beauty.

Like Jack says, keep him indoors, it's so much safer.

I'm Cheryl by the way, owned by 6 fluffy kids.
Hope you'll like it here. xxxxx
Unread 03-21-2010   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

Hello & welcome Laney & Duncan!
Duncan is a very handsome cat, I'm glad he's found a loving home with you and John. What a very special Valentines gift!
I'm Helen & I have two cats Ripley (5) and Newt (2). They are both indoor cats, they are both so precious I couldn't stand they thought of them going out & never coming back. I often see 'missing cats' posters around where I live, I always hope that the cats return home safely. They both seem quite content to be indoors, I can open the ground floor windows & they will sit at them without bolting for freedom. I think they're both spoilt & used to their home comforts!
Unread 03-21-2010   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

Thank you Cheryl and Helen! Duncan will definitely be staying indoors. We had a few cats when I was growing up, and two of them (Sunny and Kotchka) died after being hit by cars. Sunny had a brother (Cloudy), and after Sunny died, Cloudy had such a hard time, ended up having horrible seizures, so we had to put him down. It was so sad. So I can't imagine losing another cat that way. I wish there was a way to let them explore a bit without the danger. It's so much easier with dogs (my mom has a doberman). A four foot fence keeps even the big dogs in. A cat would laugh at a four foot fence. But Duncan is comfortable and loves it inside.

Oh, and he doesn't usually meow back if we meow at him. He talks more if we just speak english to him. It's like he really knows what you are saying and he answers like he knows you'll understand him. He talks more than any other cat I've had.
Unread 04-18-2010   #8 (permalink)
Kitten

perkins is on a distinguished road

i just got my first kitten since i moved out of home.

i havent regretted it for a second

Tags
addition , adopted , adorable , another cat , baby , beautiful , box , brown , cat , cats , color , cute , family , food , found , gift , great , grey , happy , hey , home , house , indoor , indoor/outdoor , infection , kitten , lost , love , lucky , meow , meowing , missing , new kitten , outdoor , pictures , question , shelter , sleeping , tabby , toys , vocal

Sponsored Cat Links