It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-11-2010   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road
Default How to Post Pictures! A Guide for the Forum Kittens

Hello and welcome to I Love Cats! I've made this guide in hopes that it will ease the use of this site for less-experienced users.

The first thing many new posters want to do is post pictures, but the forum restrictions say you have to have 25 posts before you can do that.. But that only counts for remotely-hosted pictures. You can still post pictures here with only a few posts!

There are a couple ways to add pictures:

You can use your profile to start a photo album. Just click "User CP" in the bar at the top of every forum page, and on the left pane you will find "Pictures & Albums". From there, just click "Add Album" and you're on your way! Just select a file from your computer and the forum will automatically resize and post to your profile album.

You can also use the forum's photo album system. Just click "Cat Pictures" in the bar at the top of every forum page, and then on the far right, you'll find "Upload Photos". Again, you're able to upload pictures directly from your computer, and they'll even show up from time to time in the Featured Photos bar above (you won't see your own pictures, but they show up for everyone else).

Or, say you want the pictures in the post you're currently writing. All you have to do is use the icon to upload a picture to your post as you're posting your thread or reply.

Now, posting links is another thing that is limited to post counts of 25 or higher... And this can be rather annoying if you do have an external photo album you want to show, or a blog site, YouTube videos, etc. There's one way around this that I know of, and that is to use the [noparse] tag. Basically what this does is lets you post the link, but users will have to copy and paste the link into their browser. To do this:

It's easy. All you do is
1. Get your link, for example http://bwlinalaska.homeip.net. Notice that doesn't show up as a clickable link.
2. Type [noparse], paste your link, then type [/noparse]. Don't forget the slash on the closing side.
3. Post reply!

More functions and bypasses will be added to this as I think they'll be needed. Please post below for comments and suggestions. Note that I cannot change the site, I can only use what's available to me to help users cope with what is here.

And again, welcome to I Love Cats

Last edited by AK49BWL; 07-11-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AK49BWL For This Useful Post:

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-29-2010   #2 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Breezy
nperine is on a distinguished road

Hi Brandon! Aloha from Maui, HI.

I recently advanced to the Kitten category, so just saw your Guide. Thanks much. However, I still have a road block I don't know how to surmount. 1) I don't know how to upload a photo to appear below my i-love-cats I.D., "Kitten" etc. in top left of the post. 2) When I used your symbol to upload pic in the content area of my post, it says to enter my URL http:// address and then upload photos. ???

I don't have any URL http:// address for photos. I have thousands of photos in folders on my desktop and in folders on my two 500 gb backup drives. So .. no problem doing attachments at bottom of the post. Says to "browse folders, click on photo and upload". Easy! Love it! But ... I'm totally stumped on finding any on any http:// address.

If you could answer those two questions in laymen's language, I'd be oh, so happy. I guess I don't always understand the computer lingo!!

I'm sort of a "go here, do this, click there," etc. type of person. Us old grandma's don't always understand the language and instructions in the cyber age where we now live!

Thanks so much for all your help for us who really need it to try and understand the computer language!

Aloha .. Maui Boy's mom
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-30-2010   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

The button with the http: address is basically telling you to post your picture from another site, like Photobucket or the likes, using [img] tags. Users with less than 25 posts can't do that, which is why this thread exists. The picture below your name is called your Avatar, and you can change that by going here (User CP --> Edit Avatar).
Unread 03-01-2016   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Relaxed
Cutekittyx is on a distinguished road

Thank you! This is very helpful

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
H-hi im shy I love cats and i have helpful cat tips and I will help you and i am friendly i don't bite
Love

Tags
alaska , art , blog , boy , cat pictures , cats , computer , guide , happy , hey , kitten , kittens , links , love , person , photos , picture , pictures , problem , profile , suggestions , type , upload , videos , youtube

Sponsored Cat Links