It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-25-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

kawasakizx636 is on a distinguished road
Default My cat needs surgery :(

hey guys, i'd usually never do this, but since i'm currently laid off, and cannot afford the bill, i was wondering if you guys can help out a lil, doesn't have to be much, anything will help.

http://cheetohcat.chipin.com/my-cat-...ucial-ligament <~~link to donation site, thanks

My cat is 8 months old, and 15lbs "gonna be a big boy, roughly 25-30lbs". He's a cheetoh cat, which is a breed that is part bengal/ocicat. This cat is very active and.... Two weeks ago, i noticed that he was limping on his right rear leg, so i brought him in to get checked. I ended up paying 320$ to get an answere that wasn't 100%. They told me to give it a week and see if things get better. A week went by, and i didn't see any improvements. So i brought him back in, and they took a few more x-rays, and said that his bones looked fine. Now they're telling me that i gotta bring him to some other place, and he's gonna need surgery. They're saying that it's a torn crucial ligament The surgery bill will be roughly 2000$

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cheeto.jpg (74.8 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by AK49BWL; 07-25-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-25-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

What a handsome boy. While you are waiting for donations to your site, there are things you can do to raise money for him. Have a yard sale. Get your friends, or community, or church, involved..have a BIG yard sale "to benefit (kitty's name)" Have a car wash. Have a bake sale.

Many people in a community would like to help causes, if only they knew how, and don't have to put themselves out too much.

Good luck to you and your kitty.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-25-2010   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

i'm doing that also, thanks for the reply
Unread 07-25-2010   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

Awww!!! He's so beautiful.. I really hope you're able to get the money you need to have this done, I'd help with a couple bucks myself but I don't have a job either right now

Is there any chance you can get on some sort of credit base with the vet who will be doing the surgery? I know some places here will let you pay in monthly installments, maybe you could ask about that?
Unread 07-25-2010   #5 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

Awwww-the kitty's beautiful. I went to the chipin site, but I could only access the page where I could START a chipin account, not DONATE to it. I tried chipin.com then that didn't work so I tried the whole thing "my-cat-needs-surgery-crucial" and it said "oops, we must have taken a wrong turn". Write back and explain the exact web site. Also, spread the word on Facebook. And after the surgery, keep in touch with us and let us know what happens with your cat. After all, this is a catlovers forum!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Unread 07-25-2010   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

I just made the link click-able, give that a shot... Should appear like so..

Unread 07-25-2010   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

thx for the kinds words, and ya, to donate, u just click the link that i posted up top, and go to the right.... click on ChipIn. and it'll re-direct u to paypal.
Unread 07-25-2010   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

It's odd though. I've seen these kinds of donating websites before but yours doesn't have much detail, and it doesn't say where the money is going. Most people set their donation sites up for the money to go straight to the vet and include a history of the pet's health.
Unread 07-25-2010   #9 (permalink)
Newborn

i don't see anywhere on the site where i can do that. there doesn't seem to be much info that i can put. i can just explain what the cause is. if u click on about, u can see the steps on creating one.

i can post pics of the vet bills here if you'd like proof

i dunno, maybe there's better donation sites
Unread 07-25-2010   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Well I've seen many different ones, don't know if one is better than another, as long as it helps you get your beautiful boy his surgery.

Keep us posted.

Tags
art , beautiful , bengal , bills , boy , breed , car , cat , cat needs , facebook , found , friends , hey , kitty , lovers , money , ocicat , oops , pictures , sale , surgery , vet , vet bills , wash

Sponsored Cat Links