It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-12-2010   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

MommyOfOnyx is on a distinguished road
Default hello cat lovers :)

i am a 24 year old female who is a newer cat owner but have always loved cats. my parents are more of dog people so i was never able to have a cat only dogs. recently my boyfriend heard me talking to a friend about how i would love to get an all black kitten with yellow eyes and 2 weeks after that convo with my friend my boyfriend asked me to go for a ride with him he took me to this ladys house and said that she had kittens she was giving away and one of them was an all black cat with yellow eyes and that he lined the kitten up for me to take home thats how i met my new kitty who i named Onyx

Onyx like i said is an all black cat with yellow eyes he is the most well behaved kitten i have ever seen and follows me around the house even into the bathroom! he is very fond of sitting in the bathtub if i turn on the water in the tub lightly he paws at it, its really cute! i got him when he was around 10 weeks old the lady i got him from said she had no idea how old he was but he was around 10 weeks. he is now about 4 months old and my new best friend. i sometimes think my boyfriend gets jelous of him lol here are a few pics i have of him!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0200.jpg (85.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0189.jpg (84.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0061.jpg (78.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0049.jpg (80.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0043.jpg (81.5 KB, 8 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-12-2010   #2 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Relaxed
Val_Kitten is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Val_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Val_Kitten Send a message via twitter to Val_Kitten

Omg, he's beautiful My kittens love going in the bathtub too, but when I turn on water (not even in the tub, but the sink), they tense up and scramble away lol They smell funny too, so I really wanna bath them but they'll scratch me up. You're lucky to have such a smart and easy going cat
Unread 08-12-2010   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Onyx is a beautiful boy! Following you into the bathroom is a Very Important Job for cats, they all do it.

I look forward to hearing more about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Val_Kitten View Post
Omg, he's beautiful My kittens love going in the bathtub too, but when I turn on water (not even in the tub, but the sink), they tense up and scramble away lol They smell funny too, so I really wanna bath them but they'll scratch me up. You're lucky to have such a smart and easy going cat
What do you mean they smell funny? Kittens should not have a bad smell. Have they been dewormed? (I can't remember) even if they have, they may need to be again.

What are you feeding them?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-12-2010   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

Onyx pretty much smells good all the time lol but like most cats he cleans himself a lot even right now when i am haveing issues with his stools being pretty runny due to food change he doesent smell bad his litter box on the other hand lol.....but yeah i dont think cats should smell funny. check thier litterbox for white things i know sounds gross but if you find any there is a good chance they have worms
Unread 08-14-2010   #5 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to Val_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Val_Kitten Send a message via twitter to Val_Kitten

Yeah ever since I got them they kinda smelled like peanuts or something, but a couple of days ago, I submerged them in water, wiped them with a bath wipe and let them lick themselves dry. They smell better. I'm still gonna get them dewormed tho Because I work at petsmart, I can get on a plan for banfield for 22 dollars a month. They spay/neuter, give all the shots, pretty much everything needed for 22 a month
Unread 08-14-2010   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

very nice as soon as onyx gets all better and i switch his food im getting him neutered at the local shelter they will do it for $50 plus give him all his shots
Unread 08-15-2010   #7 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Sounds like a plan
Unread 08-15-2010   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

Hello & welcome!
Onyx is so handsome! What a sweet, loving thing for your boyfriend to do, very thoughtful of him. I spent ages persuading my boyfriend (now husband) to allow me to get our first cat Ripley. We've had her 6 years now and he gets way more affection from her than I do. She comes running to greet him as soon as he comes in from work even though I'm the one who feeds her and cleans the litter trays!
We also have Newt who is 3. She is very affectionate and loves to curl up on my lap and sleep while I'm reading or watching tv.
Acerit is right, observing what goes on in the bathroom is a Very Important Job. I have to leave the door ajar if I have a bath. They both like to wander in and out and peep over the bathtub. I suppose it must look very odd to them that I choose to sit in a load of water!
Cats shouldn't smell 'funny', I love the way both mine smell. Often Ripley smells of freshly washed laundry, then I know she's pulled some clean clothes off the dryer and slept on them!
Unread 08-15-2010   #9 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Yeah I know cats shouldn't smell funny But mine are still kittens and their mother gave birth to them in her litter box. Then she kept carrying them over to it whenever they went astray. Now my kittens like to play and lay in their litter box. It's soooo disgusting and frustrating and there's really no way to fix it, because if I shoo them away from the litter box, they might think it's off limits and potty on the floor. However, they didn't smell like poop. They smelled like peanuts or something. But like I said above, I put them in water and the smell went away.
Unread 08-16-2010   #10 (permalink)
Kitten

wow i think onyx was born in a cardbord box lol but not sure dident ask when i went to pick him up was just happy to see him lol. yes was very sweet of my boyfriend due to some things with his family we had to move apart for awhile and wont be liveing together again for maybe a year or more so he got me the kitten so i wont get lonely

Tags
animal , beautiful , birth , black , black cat , black kitten , boy , boyfriend , care , cat , cat lovers , cats , cute , dating , dog , dogs , elderly , eyes , female , fun , funny , hey , home , house , kitten , kittens , kitty , lost , love , lovers , lucky , mat , petsmart , play , playing , poop , scratch , shelter , sleeping , smart , smell , spay/neuter , water , worry

Sponsored Cat Links