It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-28-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Paschalboy is on a distinguished road
Default New member here from Boston

Just saying hello from Boston, and our nine rescues. It was 8 rescues for much of the summer as one decided to squeeze out the window one night and spend the summer in the backyard singing "Born Free", and staying arm's reach away, but a couple of freezing temps at night, he decided to re join the herd!

Obviously, they rule! Hope to use this site more often and get to know others who realize how special these critters truly are.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-30-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Hi there to you and your 9 (9!) furry kids, that's a huge family . Would love to hear more about them. I'm Heidi from the UK and I have just the two, Pixie and Sasha. Glad you managed to rein in the little stop out!

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-30-2010   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

Talking The Nine Little Ones

All were homeless rescues from the backyard/neighborhood. When we moved in, about 8 years ago, the first two, a red tiger and orange and white, now named Fred the Red and his sister Sweetums, were playing in the snow, walking on the barbed wire fence in the back, and generally amenable to free food. They joined our two cats we already had, who have since crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

Their father, who was obviously taking care of them, also was homeless, but we found a good home for him.

then there was a calico, also homeless, and we brought her to a no kill shelter and got her a home. We had checked her for any evidence of kittens, and felt safe bringing her in, but the day after, a huge howling came from a kitten, two houses down, and sure enough, the calico had kittens. The howler ( now named Sissy, who loves to open bureau drawers and empty clean laundry on the floor ) was telling us she had a sister ( also calico ) under the porch who would NOT come out. They were about 6-8 weeks old, and so we spent the day coaxing her sister out from under, mackeral,, tuna, salmon.

So then we had a sister/brother act, Fred & Sweetums, and the two sisters, Sissy and Missy, who continue to this day to protect each other.

There was this very emaciated cat, now named Jake, originally white, but filthy, who obviously had nasty respitory issues, who we knew would never be adopted. He was shy, would wait for all the other homeless cats to eat. Well, I had promised him if he survived the winter, ( we have a heated igloo home on the back porch for them ) I would take him in, and this guy did just that! He weighed a mere 3 lbs when I brought him to the vet and had him checked out.

About two years later, we also have who we think is his sister, now named Her Lady, she showed up one winter. And the two of them are buddies forever. She is totally white with a blue eye and green eye.

Somewhere before Her Lady, a pregnant cat showed up, ( now named Cleo, and when I took it to the MSPCA shelter, they said she and the kittens would be euthanized. I said, no you won't, walked over to the Animal Hospital nearby, got an ulta sound and all checked out and she would be a mother within 4-5 weeks.

Now, I'm a church organist, so I usually am not home Sunday mornings, but one Sunday I had taken off, and sure enough she gave birth to 4 beauties that week-end.

And then Thomas III showed up, he is so named as we had lost Thomas II to cancer a couple of months prior, and except for his recent escape, he is a gray tiger, with a sweet disposition, who loves the indoors now.

The last entry, our "kitten", well he is about 2 years now, is Elijah. He was a homeless kitten who we had brought over to a Spay/Neuter clinic, and when it came time to put him back outside, well I just couldn't do it! Pure black with a tuff of white on the chest, he loves everyone and has no sense to know better! Just likes to jump up in your arms and roll over on his back and say, now ain't I cute? And he is, we have to forgive all his tearing things apart and races around the house!

So now we have, Fred the Red, Sweetums, Sissy and Missy, Jake and Her Lady, Cleo , Thomas III, Elijah. And four boxes, that get scooped 3 times a day, and a Pet Center that delivers food and supplies by the truckload each month to the house! And we wouldn;t have it any other way!

one Cleo
Unread 12-02-2010   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Thanks so much for this lovely post, it was so interesting to read about how you and the kitties found each other Poor Jake had such good luck that he showed up at your place, surely he would not have survived otherwise (well I could say the same for all the others really) They all sound like real characters and well worth the hard work! You should post some pics if you can - create an album in your profile and show them off!

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 12-02-2010   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Breezy
nperine is on a distinguished road

Hi from Maui Boy's mom in Hawaii!

Welcome to the forum! We'll be anxious to see photos of your kitties.

Wow, nine kitties! Sound like you have a full time job taking care of and loving them. They are all lucky kitties to have been rescued by you. I think they have found a wonderful "cat haven". I love the names you've picked for them!

Keep us up to date on your/their activities.
Unread 12-03-2010   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

Default Pictures will be coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersmithy View Post
They all sound like real characters and well worth the hard work! You should post some pics if you can - create an album in your profile and show them off!
Much work but what they give in love is ten fold. We have pictures, I am a bot techo-challenged, but will spend some time and get them on board.

Funny how us humans learn to type on the computer, around, over or under a cat, who feels the lap is his isn't it?
Unread 12-04-2010   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Happy
Royster1984 is on a distinguished road

Hope t osee pictures of your cats soon you are a hero to them
Unread 12-04-2010   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

hallan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paschalboy View Post
Funny how us humans learn to type on the computer, around, over or under a cat, who feels the lap is his isn't it?
So true! It always amazes me how cats manage to make us adapt to their lives rather than the other way round!
Thank you for sharing the stories of how you all came to be together and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures.
I'm Helen and I have two cats, Ripley and Newt.
Welcome to the forum.
Unread 12-06-2010   #9 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

Hello, welcome to ILC forums. Rescuing cats is such a noble deed. I admire you for that. More people should do the same.
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|

|

Tags
adopted , animal , birth , black , boy , care , cat , cats , clean , computer , cute , dry , eye , family , food , found , free , hey , homeless , interesting , kittens , kitties , lost , love , loving , neuter , new member , night , pet , photos , playing , pregnant , profile , shelter , spay , spay/neuter , stop , type , vet , window

Sponsored Cat Links