It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-09-2010   #1 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Cheerful
Hawki is on a distinguished road
Default Hi All, New guy

Short cat bio...My wife, Rose and I were talked into (I talked her into) adopting the last kitten from her son's cat's litter. 13 years ago we brought home a short haired Black male kitty and named him Shadow...over the years Shadow provided us with many unique moments. Unfortunately our beloved Shadow developed intestinal cancer and on Nov. 2, we/the Vet helped him across the rainbow bridge. (That was probably the hardest day of my life)
Last week I convinced my wife to look at the cat picts posted on our local SPCA Shelter's web site. I talked her into a trip to the SPCA...we came home with a 1 1/2 yr old female, long haired Calico, Rose named her Callie....We almost picked up a second kitty who kept patting Rose on the head from inside her cage. After a week we went back to the SPCA to see if the head patting feline was still available....She was gone sooooo we looked at a few new arrivals rescued from a fire. A dilute calico female short haired little lady ended up in my arms...she still had a faint smell of smoke on her Being a 30 year vol firefighter, anything that smells like smoke I like so we brought "Mistletoe" home.
My wife and I are now adjusting to 2 new young cats taking over our home.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-09-2010   #2 (permalink)
kat
Cool Cat

My Mood: Angelic
kat is on a distinguished road

Oh what a lovely story - except the part that your beloverd Shadow has crossed the rainbow bridge!

But, this is such a happy ending! I love to hear stories like this!

I look forward to reading many more of your stories with you and your furry babies!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROUD MUMMY OF DIZI AND SASHA!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-24-2010   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Hi Butch I am sorry I never saw your intro thread before. I was just searching your threads to refresh my memory of how long Mistletoe had been with you, and how long she'd been back at the shelter and I saw your story here.

I'm so sorry for your loss of your beloved Shadow. And of course I've already met Callie.

I'm still not sure how long you had Mistletoe at home. I hadn't known she was a fire rescue, is it possible there is damage to her lungs from smoke inhalation?

If she does have permanent damage, Mistletoe will need a very special family to take care of her special needs, and I'm sure you can do it. Having the support of a forum is...you won't believe how much of a difference it can make in coping with a pet's illness, or special needs, emergencies.. and of course all the happy things too.

This is a quiet forum, but we're all good caring people, learning from one another and sharing our own knowledge and experience. And the support of others who know what you are going through can really keep your spirits up.

Hmmm.... I'm rambling, when I should be cooking I have many casserole's to make all in one day. And a cake, too.

please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 12-24-2010 at 12:46 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:

Tags
babies , black , cat , cat's , cats , female , fire , happy , home , kitten , kitty , litter , loss , love , male , moments , nice , photos , shelter , smell , stories , story , vet

Sponsored Cat Links