It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-03-2011   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Cheerful
Annie is on a distinguished road
Smile Hello...Glad to be here!

Hi to all...

My current fuzzy one is named Britches...she's my first Siamese.

When my husband and I bought this house in 2009, we didn't realize we were buying Britches house!

Back during 2005, her former family left her, her brother and a puppy when evacuating for Hurricane Katrina. Though they returned several weeks after the storm, we have been told that Britches would have nothing to do with them. They took the puppy, but she and her brother had to fend for themselves. (Her brother allowed himself to be taken care of by a nice older lady who lives up the street, though he still runs the neighborhood.)

For the next 4 years Britches had to roam the neighborhood. The wonderful people who live next door to us set food out all that time...as did many other people, I presume. Britches would approach the neighbors, but would never allow anyone to have any physical contact with her.

The family who lived here and renovated the house after Katrina had cats, but did not take Britches in. When we bought the house we had no idea we'd be playing "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner".

It was about a month after we moved in to our new home that my husband first noticed the silhouette of a cat looking into the various French doors. She would look, wander to the front, look in, wander to the back...then disappear.

We began putting food out for her...then over the next month or two, I began using a clicker and treats to establish trust and begin bonding...I think the love really began to grow when I brought out a peacock feather to play with! For an old gal, she can really move!

Now? She rules the house! A sweet little girl and fuzzy best friend!

No more roaming and napping in flower beds...not only does she have a "sauna"...she commands her own room!

Looking forward to getting settled in, meeting everyone and enjoying being here!

Until next time...Annie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-04-2011   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Oh Annie, what a beautiful story! She's been waiting for you guys all this time, poor little girl! Congratulations on being Chosen!

Well you're all happy now, and I can't wait to hear more about Britches, who clearly knows what she wants and doesn't want.

Welcome to the forum!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-05-2011   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Busy
Sunlight is on a distinguished road

Welcome on the forum.
What a beautiful story. Looks like she adopted you.

Unread 03-08-2011   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

Hello & welcome!
That really is a fantastic story of how you and your husband met Britches, thank you for sharing it with us.
Do you have any pictures of her to share with us?

Tags
adopted , beautiful , beds , care , cats , family , food , girl , happy , hey , home , house , love , new home , nice , pictures , playing , puppy , siamese , story

Sponsored Cat Links