It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-07-2011   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

kmullins91 is on a distinguished road
Default Getting Ready For Kitty!

Finally after months and months of waiting, we are getting a kitty! My Hubby and I have made plans to look for one this weekend, I can't wait! We have wanted a kitten for so long, but of course we had to wait. After moving to Tennessee from North Carolina we had to stay with family until we got on our feet. Now that we have our own place we have bunches of room for a little kitty to run around!
So today I kitty proofed the apartment (that takes a lot of work). I also made a list of things we need to get before the big day, everything from kitty food to a kitty condo. My husband says I'm way to excited ...yeah right. Well now all I can do is wait...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-07-2011   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

lol, I'd be more shocked if you weren't too excited so congrats! Good luck with everything!
Unread 03-08-2011   #3 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Cheerful
Hawki is on a distinguished road

Your lives will never be the same......Your kitty will eventually control everything!
Best wishes and Enjoy...
BTW you can Never Cat proof anything!
Keep us posted !!

Butch
Husband to Rose, Servant to Callie; Man Butler to Slider.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-08-2011   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

acerlt is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum! Can't wait to hear who Chooses you at the shelter! Why not get a pair?

If there are two that need to be adopted together for instance.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 03-11-2011   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

kmullins91 is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone!
Well heres all thats happened this week...

Last Friday morning as soon as my hubby and I woke up we headed to PAWS animal shelter. I was nervous and excited at the same time. We were there before they even opened so we sat in the car until we were let in. I made my way to the kitties looking for a cat around 5 to 6 months, to my surprise there was only about three. Then I saw the cutest little tabby curled up in a ball. So I asked the woman who worked there if I could see that one. She got the kitty out and placed her in my arms. As soon as she got comfy she looked at me and licked my face. That's when I fell in love! We took her into a room where we could play with her and get to know her more. She wanted nothing to do with the toys, she just wanted my hubby and I to pet her. So we went ahead with the adoption papers! The only bad thing was that we couldn't bring her home just yet, because their policy is every animal has to be neutered/spayed before they can go to their new homes. On the plus side we don't have to worry about doing that later on. Well I didn't know I would regret getting her fixed right away. I should have insisted on keeping her out of the kennel for 2 weeks before the surgery, to make sure she wasn't sick first

Well her surgery went great but I noticed she was sneezing a lot, but still eating and drinking and walking around though..the next day she just got worse so i called the vet and they said that the antibiotics they gave her would help the Upper respiratory Infection.When I woke up the next day she was pitiful. So I took her to her vet and they said I was paranoid and she seemed perfectly healthy.. So I took her home and went to work. When I got home that night she wouldn't even eat and I knew something had to be done so I took her to a 24hour animal Emergency clinic. I talked to the nurse there and she said it was from the surgery. She had a fever 105.2, normal is around 102 or so. They hospitalized her, gave her fluids strong antibiotics and kept a humidifier on her. They were really great! They constantly kept us updated. We were able to pick her up last night because her fever broke and she started eating a little bit. Now I have her in my living room, I got her a humidifier and some really smelly food " the only kind she will eat right now since she can't smell much". The only thing thats concerning me is shes not drinking, so I have to add it to her soft food so she can get some fluids. I'm gonna call the Emergency clinic tomorrow and update the staff and see what the next step is...and shes not going back to the first place thats for sure I know when somethings wrong with my kitty!

MooMoo seems to be getting better, she eats the smelly food and she can meow again and the sneezing and coughing have subsited a bit! I'm hoping everyday shell get better and better until shes a happy little kitty!
Unread 03-14-2011   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

acerlt is on a distinguished road

Well done getting Moo-Moo the care she needed. It's not at all uncommon for kitties to come from shelters with URIs.

Hopefully by now she is well on the road to recovery. Keep her on the canned food even after she is well, it is what is best for her.

Please keep us updated! How old is she?

PS Congratulations on your new family member!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Tags
adopted , adoption , antibiotics , apartment , blog , canned food , car , cat , eating , family , fever , food , home , infection , joy , kennel , kitten , kitties , kitty , love , meow , morning , moving , nervous , night , pet , pictures , play , shelter , shelters , sick , spayed , surgery , tabby , toys

Sponsored Cat Links