It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-22-2011   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Fine
Russian Don Sphynx is on a distinguished road
Default Greetings from Russia! I'll tell you about my cat Don Sphynx

Hello USA!

I want to introduce you to my cat. Her name is Xenia. Our species is called the Don Sphynx.
This is an amazing animal. She has a very high intelligence. She has no fur. This is very good for the home.
Xenia is very fond of chicken. She also loves to sleep and rest in a warm place.
We now live in the city of Volgograd. In the summer when Russia warmth we like to walk along the river Volga. Children are not left unattended Xenia. Xenia loves kids and treats them well.
Six months ago, Xenia birth to 4 lovely kittens.
If you have any questions, happy to answer them.

I did not speak English so translate the Google translator. I apologize if you find errors.

In my profile I have created a photo album of my Don Sphinx. Welcome!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-23-2011   #2 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

I am pretty new myself, I live in a very small town in Kansas, USA.
I am honored to meet you and Xenia!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-23-2011   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Hello and welcome to the forum! I am glad there are google translations so we can have members from all over the world.

I'll be peeking into your album soon.

I hope you have had Xenia spayed by now. It will improve her life, remove the likelihood of pyometra and uterine cancer and cut down on her chances of developing breast cancer. Not to mention extend her life and make her a happier cat.

PS I saw your pics, Xenia is a beautiful girl.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 03-24-2011   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

We Xenia participate in cat shows in Russia. And as we have been breeding cats Don Sphynx. I hope that soon will open a nursery.
Therefore, we have no plans to sterilize our cat. On the contrary, we want next time to cross it with a Don Sphynx red color.
Unread 03-24-2011   #5 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

We can be quick to recommend spay/neuter here in the USA because we have a huge population of stray/feral/unwanted cats (and dogs). There are wonderful responsible breeders, God forbid we ever lose the numbers of beautiful pure bred cats and kittens!!
Many of us rescue cats/kittens and are faced with animals that are so traumatized or ill it breaks our hearts. Having an abundance of animals make too many people see them as having little to no value, and treat them them as disposable objects. Often to be used, abused and thrown away like trash.
You sound like a very caring, responsible breeder. One that I am proud to meet!
What is it like in Russia, for the animals?

Unread 03-24-2011   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

In Russia, the same lot of homeless animals. It's very sad. Many homeless cats and dogs walking the streets, feeding on garbage.
In Russia there are almost no centers for homeless animals. Urban services should catch them and kill them.
There are occasions when the city dog went into the woods where mate with wolves. The offspring of such relations is not afraid of humans, but very aggressive and angry like a wolf.

I have already told me about the homeless animals. (add photo gallery).
Now I want to tell us about the clubs of owners of cats and dogs. In Russia there are many professional clubs of owners of cats and dogs. We Xenia is one of these clubs, participate in exhibitions and win prizes.
Xenia-champion in his breed.
At the exhibition she was awarded a special prize to the biggest ears!
We really like Xenia. She has a separate sofa to sleep, lots of toys. We buy for Xenia quality and expensive animal feed.
Russia has distributed food: Whiskas, Royal Canin, Purina, Perfect Fit, Hills.
Unread 03-25-2011   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Don Sphynx View Post
We Xenia participate in cat shows in Russia. And as we have been breeding cats Don Sphynx. I hope that soon will open a nursery.
Therefore, we have no plans to sterilize our cat. On the contrary, we want next time to cross it with a Don Sphynx red color.
Oh dear. I am sorry to hear that. Since you seem to be well aware of the over population of unwanted animals I find it very difficult to understand why you want to make more.

Not to mention you call your cat IT, which to me says you are viewing your cat as a money maker or some "thing" rather than a living breathing being who might like to enjoy her life rather than be a kitten making machine.

I don't think using the word "it" is a language barrier issue. I'm sure what ever "she" is in Russian will translate into "she" in English. So if you are saying "it" you are thinking "it".

I guess you can tell I am against deliberate breeding for the purpose of feeding human ego. Please, leave it to the experts and allow your cats to be cats.

please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 03-25-2011 at 12:25 PM.

Tags
aggressive , amazing , animal , beautiful , birth , breeders , breeding , cat , cats , children , color , cut , dogs , don sphynx , feral , fur , girl , happy , home , homeless , kittens , neuter , profile , rescue , royal , sleep , small , spay , spay/neuter , spayed , stray

Sponsored Cat Links