It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-16-2011   #1 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Worried
alleygata is on a distinguished road
Default It's good to be here with other cat lovers

I'm so glad I found this site. Nothing makes me happier than cats, talking about cats, seeing cat pictures... anything CAT!

I'm alleygata (alleycat), Allie, and my nickname has been AlleyCat since I was 5. I would hide my dinner under the rim of my dinner plate and since I was always the last one to finish eating it went unnoticed, or so I thought. Every evening I would take the scraps out to the old Weeping Willow tree in our backyard and feed the neighborhood's feral cats. I didn't know these cats were feral but I did know they were always hungry. Later in life my Mother told me that I was the only one that was able to pet these motley cats. All I knew is that I loved each one of them as if they were my own. I was never allowed to have a cat growing up but that sure changed once I grew up!

Due to bad health I only have one cat now but for most of my life I rescued and took in every stray that came my way. I miss that more than anything.

I look forward to meeting new friends here and talking CAT.

Allie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-16-2011   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Hi Allie, and welcome to the forum (even though we've already "met") I love the story of you as a child feeding the feral cats.

I look forward to many more stories from you and Simba, and pictures too!

I'm Gail and live with Tolly, Mazy Jennie and Queen Eva. I have a ton of picture threads so you can meet them at your leisure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:
Unread 04-18-2011   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the family!
Yes, you are most definitely amongst friends! A few of my 15 are recovering ferals.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to kskat For This Useful Post:
Unread 04-18-2011   #4 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Worried
alleygata is on a distinguished road

Thank you! Ferals hold a special place in my heart. I love the bond you can have with them even if they never come around to liking other people. The time invested in helping them is paid back many times over. Hanging out at your house would sure be fun. LOL

Tags
cat , cat lovers , cat pictures , cats , changed , eating , family , feral , found , friends , fun , health , hey , house , love , lovers , pet , pictures , queen , stories , story , stray

Sponsored Cat Links