It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-15-2012   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Fine
Rob G is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from Dundalk, MD

Hi, I'm Rob from Baltimore.

I am the proud owner of 2 cats. My first cat is a 20lb Tuxedo Manx named of all things Junior, whom has been with me for almost 13 years. He's at least 15 or 16 yrs. old, very territorial, very vocal, and a biter for he's been declawed, not by me but by his previous owner when he was young. Junior's not the typical cat who rubs on your leg; he comes to you on his terms, when he wants your attention; he acts more like a dog.

My second and newest addition last November is a stray that was abandoned along with his sister on my street at that time. He's a 16lb blue/gray domestic about 2 yrs. old named Grayson who has not and will not be declawed. His personality is the complete opposite of junior's. He loves getting attention and acts like your typical cat! I had Grayson's sister adopted by a great family last year.

I'm having a big problem with the introduction of these two and am hoping someone can save my sanity and lower my stress level with some good sound advice on getting these two to get along.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-16-2012   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Angelic
kikipao is on a distinguished road

are they fighting? I mean my cat is also like Manx,not the typical cat.She doesn't want to be bothered! and so as much as i'd like to cuddle her, omg i just can't!it depends on her mood.and so my first cat was like the typical cat who goes around you and keeps on "meowing" everytime. and so my question is are they fighting or ignoring each other? I think your Manx needs the help of Grayson so to rebuild his self esteem and i think Manx has trust issue. But then you're together for a very long time now. ,
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-19-2012   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Fine
Rob G is on a distinguished road

My Manx looks at my other cat like he's a meal he's getting ready to tear into. I keep them segregated, in separate rooms, they are rarely together because the 3 fights they have been in were not pretty, and I'm afraid my Manx will really harm the younger cat that has no idea. My Manx is a bitter, I know he's gotten me dozens of times in the 12+ years I've had him. He's 20 lbs and solid, he looks like an English bulldog in a cat suit, and when he comes at the youngster it's like a linebacker hitting him at full speed.
I'm really stressed out over this. There are times when I want to remove all the barriers and let them go at it till it's resolved, but again I'm afraid my younger cat will get hurt badly by being bitten.
Any help would be appreciated; I'm at my wits end, the stress is nerve racking. All I want is peace; they don't have to be best buddies but I want them to be able to be in the same room and tolerate each other. I know Manx are ferociously territorial, and that's not good for me or my 2 year old cat.
Please anyone help me!!
Thank you,
Rob
Unread 10-19-2012   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Hi Rob I have answered your other thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Tags
addition , adopted , advice , cat , cats , dog , family , fighting , fights , great , hey , hurt , introduction , manx , meowing , personality , problem , question , save , stray , stress , territorial , vocal

Sponsored Cat Links