It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-08-2014   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

braysnaner is on a distinguished road
Default Our Family Addition

June 29, I was visiting my daughter when hubby text me, asking I bring home kitten food, litter box & litter! At 9:45 pm my grandson & I zipped to the store before it closed!

Once home, I found hubby (despite cat allergies!) with a black kitten in his lap. It's paw was badly injured. He said, our neighbor had been trying to coax a cat out from under her car. He had gone downstairs to grill dinner; the cat came out and gimped across the lane right to him!

While hubby prepared his food and litter box; I prepared for a long first night! Hubby and our grandson chose the name Dodge.

The next day, we went to the vet. Dodge had a fever from infection—paw too swollen for a clear x-ray-he got a antibiotic injection and one of pain meds. I have to soak it 3 times a day. She said he is about 6 to 8 months old. We returned July 3rd for an x-ray; luckily nothing is broken. You can see the injury. The trap de-clawed him as he is missing his 2nd 3rd & 4th claws. His paw-pad (the padded part on the bottom) is literally separated about halfway down from the rest of his paw. How horrible this is for this poor kitten.

Abby, Dodge's K-9 sister, is great at sharing her space. She loves getting nibbles of his food.

Hubby may be starting a sinus-infection. I hope it's not from Dodge.

I know the basics: food, water, litter box and love. I've been questioning everything......dry or wet food......how many times a day.

All suggestions, recommendations, guidelines, etc. are welcome! Meanwhile, I'll be reading all I can on your forum.

I will post more on the injury, behaviors, and questions in the proper section.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-08-2014   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Congratulations on your new family member!

Wet food only, absolutely! Since he is still growing, he should eat multiple meals a day, as much as he wants. Once he is an adult, three meals a day is fine.

Get him neutered as soon as he is strong enough to stand the surgery. Poor little guy with that injured foot!

Periodically over his lifetime I would have that paw x rayed. there may be bone fragments, and/or nail regrowth that can cause him great pain, from those claws that were ripped out.

So glad Dodge is with a loving forever home now. x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
addition , allergies , antibiotic , black , black kitten , box , car , cat , claws , dry , family , fever , food , found , great , home , kitten , kitten food , litter , litter box , missing , night , paw , suggestions , surgery , vet , water , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links