It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-11-2016   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Worried
valeri is on a distinguished road
Question Plea for Assistance from New Member

Friends, I am puting this out as a last resort. My name is Valeri. I have 10 cats, 8 of which are recues from around my neighborhood. They vary in age from 2 months to 12 years. One is blind. One is nursing. Can anyone help me with cat food or cat litter temporarily? I need enough to cover 10 cats for three weeks. I live in Binghamton, New York.

Due to my fiancee's illness, 2 ER visits and loss of hisj ob, my family has to subsist on roughly $30 for the rest of the month. I have paid all of the bills this month out of my disability benefits. I contacted both local food pantries and my local Humane Society but neither can help. The HS offered to “re-home” our cats, and reduce our pet population. I cannot do this. It would be like giving away my kids.

I am ready to stand in the middle of a grocery store and beg for help.

Is it possible to purchase the supplies using your Amazon account, and have them shipped to my home instead of yours? Please consider doing this act of charity? E-mail me at: valeripaxtonsteele at good old gmail for a “Ship To” address.

In the mean time, my cats are eating kitty friendly human food: rice, chicken, soup and stew. We are using dirt from the yard in the litterboxes.

Any assistance anyone can offer is greatly appreciated, and your karma would earn some bonus points. May the Goddess Bast bless you. Hugs. -Valeri
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-13-2016   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

Exclamation Please read

Ok, I am not asking for money. I am trying to ask people if they can afford to donate any cat food or cat litter. I am an author and poet who is disabled. I have spent all of my disability income this month paying bills because Rob lost his job washing trucks and we are trying to get him Social Security Disability or Social Services help, but nothing has come through, yet, other than (Thank God) foodstamps, which we are using for the cats, not for ourselves.

I am a real person. This is not a scam or some sort of trick against anyone. I have

Alfalfa

Charm (blind)

Peepers

Peaches

Obsidian

Roly-Poly Puddin' Pie

Annie Rose

Lulu Belle (nursing)

BlackJack

HawkEye

MacKenzie

and Teddy Bear.

Everyone but TeddyBear and Alfalfa are rescues from our neighborhood. We need help if someone would be kind enough to take this seriously. Again, not asking for money. Any donation of catfood or catlitter would help tremendously. I can post pictures of our clowder if you don't believe me.

Please, if you can, help us? Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Hugs.
-V
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-13-2016   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The HS offered to “re-home” our cats, and reduce our pet population. I cannot do this. It would be like giving away my kids.
I'm sorry you find yourself in this position.

I understand it would hurt you, and of course the adjustment would be hard on them too, but I think you should take your local shelter up on their offer. If you can't afford to feed them, what are you going to do if one gets sick? Let him or her suffer?

Instead of thinking about yourself here, you should be thinking about these cats' quality of life. Living on rice, chicken, soup and stew, it won't be long before they begin to get sick, because this is not a balanced diet.

I understand you are attached to them, but you need to admit you can't care for them and let them go to homes where they can be taken care of properly. There's no shame in admitting you took on too many cats. Consider yourself a foster...and let them go where they can be fed and receive medical attention when needed.

I'm not trying to hurt you, honest I'm not. But my concern is for the cats.

Let the rescues go to rescue, then you can afford to feed and care for TeddyBear and Alfalfa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 01-13-2016 at 09:42 PM.
Unread 01-14-2016   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

Default quick update

Thanks to a generous soul, we are expecting a delivery of cat food. We are still in need of litter.

I do want to reassure you all that our financial situation is temporary. Rob is medically unable to work, and going through the bureaucratic paperwork is the longest part, In the meanwhile, he should be getting taxes back at some point, and that will get him over the hump.

I will also get disability benefit as of Feb.1st, at which point we will be able afford things again. The last two months have been hell. I admit it.

I do want to make it clear that our concern is for the cats. Should this be a permanent problem, (which we do not forsee) we would look in to re-homing these guys so that they can get proper care.

Hugs to all. -V

Last edited by valeri; 01-14-2016 at 03:30 AM. Reason: typo

Tags
age , assistance , bills , cat , cat food , cats , diet , eating , family , food , foster , friendly , friends , hey , homes , hurt , kitty , litter , loss , money , need catfood , new member , new york , person , pet , pictures , sick , too many cats

Sponsored Cat Links