It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-16-2016   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Tired
pinkneon is on a distinguished road
Default Hi!

Hi!
I am new here I don't yet have my OWN cat, though hope to get one soon, but we have a family cat. His name is Patches and is around 12/13 years old. We have always had cats since I was very very little. The first I remember was Walnut. She was a sort of tortoiseshell color. We then got Flower (already named by the rescue we got her from) who was black and white. We were at a pet sheter one day and my siblings and I saw 2 little kittens in a cage together, named Flower and Kit-Kat. Kit-Kat (the boy) got adopted, so being the young children we were we begged and pleaded for Flower. My older brother said it wasn't fair for her to be left all alone now that her brother had gone. So, that day, she was spayed and we took her home the following day! She was quite younger - under a year I think. To begin with she didn't get on too well with Walnut. We had to shut Flower in the living room for 2 weeks to get her used to the house before she was allowed outside, and Walnut wasn't allowed in the living room - which she was not impressed by! They did start getting on though Poor Walnut died when she was quite old, though we are unsure whether it was just old age or if she was ill. Flower pined for her for ages, and would sit on the spot in the garden where we had buried her. So, we contacted The Cat's Protection. They had a year old kitten who they thought would be suitable, so we went to meet him. His fosterer had named him "Patches" so we kept the name, and he came home with us! Flower died a few years ago, from old age, and now Patches is left. He is an old boy now though
I hope to get a cat of my own soon, but for now am happy with our Patches! He is white and black, though we have no idea what breed - possibly just a moggy. I don't know his backstory, so no idea how he ended up in a rescue at just a year old
I don't know if I can post pictures?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-17-2016   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

LinaMont is on a distinguished road

Hi there!
I'm new here too!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
adopted , art , black , boy , breed , cat , cat's , cats , children , color , family , happy , hey , home , house , kittens , pet , pictures , rescue , siblings , spayed

Sponsored Cat Links