It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-30-2010   #11 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

Please keep us posted and thank you for saving these kitties.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-30-2010   #12 (permalink)
Newborn

feralhelpneeded is on a distinguished road

thanks for the praise, we have been running "kitten watch" for a couple days now, today no kittens either, i dont really know what else to do at this point!

any thoughts anyone?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-31-2010   #13 (permalink)
Newborn

Exclamation Day 6 update

day 6 started and ended with no kittens, as we start day 7 we have seen no life or evidence of the kittens remaining in the area,

Last night our recordings DID SPOT dad walking by the area at about 01:15 am, however he did not come near, tonight (night 7) we plan on turning the lights off although we dont know if this is making a difference, to note also we have not caught ANYTHING in the traps, kittens or other wildlife since we started using the halogen spotlight for the camera

we currently have the trap out in the shade next to the trailer

we will keep everyone updated,

in other news the kitten we saved has been named Jasper, he is a boy and is roughly 9 weeks old and very healthy, he let us pick him up last night.

We want to keep trying, any suggestions, i was told this was " Ultimate Cat Forum" but i am not finding very many "Ultimate Cat Forum" things about it.

As always keep praying we get them all

current setup (DAY)

1 laptop computer (headless) playing "mom calling kittens" every 5 minutes
1 webcam logitech
1 havahart humane trap with wet cat food and catnip sprinkled on top
1 havahart mini trap positioned outside of shed where kitten was captured
same food combo

Current setup (NIGHT)

1 laptop computer hidden inside wooden case
1 logitech webcam, night vision
1 halogen worklight flooded onto yard
2 havahart traps, both with catnip and treats around them
1 "flag up" device for advance warning of tripped trap
Unread 07-31-2010   #14 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

You seem to be doing everything humanly possible. I hope some animal did not eat the kittens, or maybe they're lost??? You do have Mom and one kitten, right? If nothing else, at least you know that you saved the lives of two kitties. I don't know what you mean about not being the ultimate cat forum? Do you mean regarding more ideas?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Unread 08-02-2010   #15 (permalink)
Newborn

Default Day 7 Update

Day 7 came and went, the night passed with no kittens, no sign of kittens, at this point we want to say we have done everything we humanly can to save them, i want to apologize for the remark towards the forum, the whole idea of a forum is to help generate ideas as a team from multiple sources using experience gathered from multiple people, i just didnt see that sort of thing happening here,

As we move into day 8 we will keep trying for a little longer!

I did want to point out that although i cannot post links or even photos (which is frustrating) i got to visit mom and jasper at their qaurantine, and i have some VERY CUTE photos, if anyone is interested just go to the kitten watch page on ustream, the link to the blog entry will be there, you can view the pics there

thanks everyone for the continued support
Unread 08-02-2010   #16 (permalink)
Newborn

Default Day 8 is here

Last night we didnt even set the traps, we were not going to, they were not coming around so we were about to give up, that is UNTIL i got called out on a emergency for work, upon returning you will never guess what i saw!

my headlights watched as not one or two but THREE kittens (1 gray) (two grey and white) ran from under the car back to the white trailer, i posted a photo on the blog if your curious, we will set traps tonight, it looked this morning like soemthing got in the little one but it didnt close all the way

with this renewed encouragement we will try again tonight!
Unread 08-02-2010   #17 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

This is encouraging news Good luck!!!

And yeah, like I said before.. This isn't a very active forum, it's known.. Idk where it gets off claiming to be the "ultimate cat forum"
Unread 08-02-2010   #18 (permalink)
Newborn

well i dont mean to be insulting, but yeah you get the idea, i also have an update as to WHY the kittens were not coming for two days,

I got a call from the park manager saying someone on another road had spotted another batch of kittens this weekend, i spoke with the lady and turns out its the same batch we have been hunting, she was feeding them all weekend, i told her if she wanted to help to put the bowl of food away, there has been sightings of the kittens today, so we hope they get picked up tonight

once again thanks for the support, i just wish i could link photos so i could share with everyone

J
Unread 08-02-2010   #19 (permalink)
Newborn

Default Day 9 (well overnite day 8)

so we were pretty sure of ourselves as we set thetraps (no music or lights tonight) and now that the whole "food from another source" had been taken care of it was a waiting game, fresh sitings during the early evening made me especially confident,

around 10:30 pm i checked the first trap

NOTHING!

on a hunch i snuck around over to where the lady had been feeding them and shined my light, there they were playing and looking at me, i scared them off and trudged back to the traps, i got the small one and walked back to her house, whispering to the kittens "this ends tonight" then i set the trap and walked off,

on my way back over to the first trap i surprised a skunk but it went about its business, i have no interest in it and it has none in me,

as i neared the first trap i spotted the trailer, there looking back at me from a crack in the trailer was ANOTHER kitten, so i hissed it and said "im onto your games ill get you you know its only a matter of time"

i reset the trap by the hole in the porch and left

after a couple hours i rechecked it .. nothing,

i snuck over to the other trap and a kitten was IN THE TRAP but it wasnt firing, so it ran off after cleaning out the bowl, i reset it with food smeared all over the bowl and a heavier bowl, then i threw dried food around both sides,

Now i sit and wait

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Unread 08-03-2010   #20 (permalink)
Newborn

Default Breaking news day 9

well overnight i checked and they played games so i gave up, certain day 9 would bring a victory

I just checked trap 1 NOTHING AGGHHHH

went over to the other trap and there on the driveway was 3 kittens chilling looking at me in broad daylight

and in the trap????

well go to my blog to read the rest!

Tags
aggressive , amazing , animal , attack , baby , black , blog , boy , car , care , cat , cat food , cat help , catching , cats , cave , collar , computer , crying , device , eating , eye , eyes , family , feral , food , found , funny , game , great , grey , growl , guide , hey , hiding , hissing , home , homes , kittens , lost , love , mat , mistake , morning , mouse , moving , neutering , night , photos , play , playing , poop , save , scared , search , sleeping , small , smart , spay , story , suggestions , test , tips , trend , tricks , type , urgent , weight

Sponsored Cat Links