It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-23-2012   #31 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Bashful
Jim F is on a distinguished road

Hooray! Congratulations, it a B.M.! As in bowel movement, that is. Baby didn't go on daddy this time but in the bathroom sink while the stimulation was going on. It was well formed but much softer than before.
The eye infection that got it abandoned by it's mother is pretty well cleared up but we are still washing it and putting the eye medicine in. Don't want to stop till we know for sure it's all better.
So, everything is looking good, stuff going in, stuff coming out and lots of tiny, tiny purr's coming from inside the cutest ball of fur ever.
Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Baby 009 (640x480).jpg (33.3 KB, 7 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-23-2012   #32 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

OOOOHHHH MY GOSH! Just look at the dear little Baby! Is that her name?

I wouldn't be able to give her up either. The youngest I've raised from is 4 weeks, so I am truly enjoying your journey with this little one. She's 22 days old now, right?

Has Kate brought the other kittens back to the shelter? And how's Abby and her brood?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-23-2012   #33 (permalink)
Kitten

We don't have a name for her/him yet because we aren't sure of the gender, so for now, it's Baby. She's 15 days old today, was born on Easter Sunday, same day Abby had her litter. We saw the mommy one time since she moved the litter out of the shed with the cat shelters. We haven't seen or found out where she moved the litter. That's a problem, we can't handle the babies and get them used to being around us. It makes it easy to catch them when it's time for a trip to the vet for shots and the other things that need to be done.
Abby and litter are doing well, they are in the new shelter safe and sound. We've handled the kittens a couple of times when we changed the bedding in their box. (nest) Abby has mellowed allot over the last year and she doesn't seem to mind, she even lets us pet her now. Picking her up to put her in a carrier is likely to still earn a person some holes in the hand and arm but she'll let us pet. If you bring a carrier out she turns into a different cat, won't let you get close. She's as smart as they come, won't be fooled by some food in the live trap either. How's a guy like me supposed to catch a cat when it's smarter than I.
Jim
Unread 04-23-2012   #34 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Oh right, I was counting wrong. I remembered you said they were born on Easter, and I was thinking that was three weeks ago, even though she did look tinier than 3 weeks in that picture. Don't be surprised if Baby sticks. I had a cat named Baby, he was my first Red Boy, and we were soul mates for all of his 15 years. My sister, many years later had a cat named Baby, too, a dilute calico female. And I know someone else who has a red boy named Baby. And way back when I named my Baby, I thought it was a unique name, LOL!

I dunno how to advise you to catch Abby, but it is huge that she is allowing you to touch her. I have a feeling she's not a complete feral, she must have known humans once. I'm so glad you are able to socialize her kittens, at least.

Well, thanks for keeping us posted. I get so involved in things like this!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 04-24-2012   #35 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Obsessively checking for updates.

please read this first
Unread 04-26-2012   #36 (permalink)
Kitten

Sorry for not getting an update sooner, been way too busy lately and still can't seem to catch up on what needs to be done. Mostly because I don't move so fast anymore. I hadn't been able to get the kitten to poop for a couple of days so I went to town and caught a vet before they all were gone working on cattle. I lucked out and got the vet there that I think is the best with cats, a lady vet, DR. Myers. Within a few seconds she had the kitten pooping up a storm! She said you have to be a bit rough with the "licking" and use something with a little texture. She said the mama cat licks hard and has a tongue like sand paper. She said mommies are rough and grandpa's are too gentle. Okay, I guess there are worse things to be than gentle and I am, in fact, a grandpa. Just won't be able to add kitten poo extractor expert to my list of accomplishments! It's just that she is such a tiny little thing and she cries every time you wipe her little bitty bottom, didn't want to hurt her. Dr. Myer gave me some squares of gauze and showed me what kind of pressure to use. I also asked Dr. to tell me the gender of the kitten, she said it's a little girl. Judi has been calling her Smooch, that will probably be her name. I think she has got into a rut on how we've been doing things. We usually go to the bathroom first thing and I get her to pee. (I'm okay at that chore) But last evening when she woke just as Judi was getting supper ready to go for us I took the kitten with me to tell Judi to put supper on hold, so I could get the pee chore done and we could give Smooch her bottle. About the time I got to the kitchen I was sorry I deviated from our regular routine of going to the bathroom first thing. I had to change my clothes and mop the floor, Smooch went pee on her own for the first time. I was so proud... and wet. Guess it's time to start getting her trained to use a litter box.
She is doing real well but growing up too fast like kittens do, can't be a cute little kitten forever though we would like them to. Except for the messy bodily functions, that is, she can start doing that stuff on her own soon as she can, so her mommy (me) doesn't have to help her anymore
Jim
Unread 04-26-2012   #37 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Oh thanks for the update! SO glad you were able to get Smooch to the vet to be de-pooped and also get expert instruction on how to help her poop!

I know about not moving so fast any more, it takes me forever to get things done these days.

I laughed out loud about you being anointed, but congratulations to Smooch on her first pee-by-herself, even if it was in an unexpected place.

Use a low sided litter pan at first, such as a cookie sheet, something she can toddle into and out of easily. And no clumping litter until she is at least 6 months old.

Gosh it all sounds like it is going great. They do pass through infant-hood so fast, but they can stay kittens for quite awhile. My Queen Eva is almost two, but she is still very much a kitten!

please read this first
Unread 02-24-2014   #38 (permalink)
Kitten

aekdb5 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the kindness you are showing to these cats
Unread 01-01-2016   #39 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Brooding
toperznie is on a distinguished road

so nice to read such stories once in a while

Tags
adoption , advice , animal , antibiotics , art , bite , bladder , bowel , boy , car , cat , cats , clean , colony , cut , diarrhea , discount , dog , dogs , eating , eye , eyes , fashion , fast , feral , fever , fixed , found , girl , hey , home , house , hurt , internet , kittens , male , money , moving , neutering , nice , pee , pet , play , poop , problem , rescue , search , shelters , siblings , small , smart , socialize , spay/neuter , spayed , steroids , story , stray , travel , turkey , vet

Sponsored Cat Links