It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-29-2011   #11 (permalink)
Newborn

Drewie is on a distinguished road

Latest update on Charlie our feral...

Well Charlie has been visiting us for probably a good 12 months or more now,
he is progressing in leaps and bounds, when he first arrived to be honest he was a pretty terrible looking cat, lots of matted fur, bare patches of skin and looked like a walking skeleton, well what a difference 12 months can make, especially when you are getting two meals a day, Charlie now has lost all the matted hair and his coat is growing back, he has put on weight and is looking really good, now his coat is almost back to what it should be he is a mix of white, brown and grey, looks prety nice. one of our neighbours can't beleive the transformation.
We bought a small weather proof dog kennel and I put it under a bush that I had seen him sitting under, at first I thought that was a waste of money he doesn't like his new house, well about a couple of months back I noticed he was using it, so I put a couple of old towels in there for him and he bunks down every night in it now.

He is getting more trusting but I don't think he is ready for me to touch him yet, when I go to feed him he hears me coming and I get a couple of meows sort of like 'I am over here', I feed him close to his house and he follows me over but keeps about two feet behind me. So all in all he is going pretty good and it is sort of like the 'Ugly Ducking' story, as I think he will be a very nice cat given time, whether he every comes to me for a pat who knows we will wait and see. Just thought you might like a little update. I think he may be a male and maybe getting on a bit in years. He stays around for most of the day now curled up on the front lawn in the sun. Have no idea where he came from.

Will keep you posted.

Last edited by Drewie; 04-29-2011 at 06:01 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drewie For This Useful Post:

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-29-2011   #12 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the update! What a wonderful thing you are doing for Charlie!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-29-2011   #13 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

I'll add my thanks for how you are helping Charlie! You are his angel!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
adopted , adult , advice , car , care , cat , cats , clean , cut , feral , food , free , grey , happy , healthy , heat , hey , house , kennel , kitty , love , meowing , morning , nice , night , pet , pregnant , problem , sex , shelter , socialize , spayed , story , stray , test , thoughts

Sponsored Cat Links