It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-12-2013   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Jackmgc is on a distinguished road
Default Elevated Feral Cat Shelter--HELP!

Dear Cat Lovers,

I'm purchasing a home and moving in within a month. The seller is a sweet, elderly lady who is failing in health and must move. She has kindly provided food, water, & ground-level shelter (Styrofoam/straw-insulated plastic tubs) to 2 feral cats (fixed) for some time. I want to honor her legacy of compassion and regard for these cats, and continue their care.

My dilemma is that I have a 120 lb. Giant Schnoodle who requires doggy-door access to the backyard (w/o exception) where the cats reside. Luckily, "Rocky" has been trained to like cats since puppyhood. However, I surely doubt the ferals will instinctively reciprocate his affection, and I'm concerned that they might leave and inadvertently compromise their health, welfare, and safety.

How can I purchase or make a 2-bedroom w/ separate entrances cat tower with steps that climb at least 70" (above my dogs standing height) w/ food and water bowls that the cats will enjoy, and can conveniently and comfortably climb?

Thanks so much!!!

Jack
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-13-2013   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I don't think you will get the help you need here, I am the only one who posts, and I don't know much about caring for ferals. I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a forum that specializes in feral cat care, I recommend you go there to ask your question.

You won't be able to reply to my PM, as a new member here, but you can let me know in this thread that you got it.

PS you are an absolute ANGEL! xxx

PS again, congratulations on buying a home!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 10-13-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
care , cat , cat lovers , cats , dogs , elderly , feral , fixed , food , health , hey , home , joy , lovers , moving , new member , question , raw , shelter , water

Sponsored Cat Links