It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-08-2016   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

CherylBass is on a distinguished road
Default Barbara cat needs help!

Is there anyone who can chip in a little to help me help this cat? The owner gave her to me because he is too cheap to pay vet bills. He severely neglected her. She has lived in the roof of his garage for her whole life. No Love or attentiona at all. She didn't even have a name! Anyway, I really want to help her, but I can't afford the dental surgery. I was hoping I could get help with the surgery. After that she will be my cat and I will love her a care for her properly.
To donate please visit GoFundMe and look for Barbara's Dental Surgery Fund.

Or you can donate directly to the Elk Lake Vet(250-658-5922) by giving them my name...Cheryl Bassingthwaite, and let them know it is for Barbara.

Thank you so much,

Cheryl.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-08-2016   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I think you should take Barbara to a rescue and relinquish her so she can get the help she needs right now. While it's very good of you to care and to be willing to give her a home in the mean time she is suffering terribly.

She shouldn't eat dry food anyway, dry food is terrible for cats, so at least she is getting good wet food now. But it's wrong to let her suffer while you wait to raise the money. Either put it on a credit card, apply for Care Credit, or surrender her to rescue.

If you do get her dental work done, keep her on a wet diet, forever.

You should keep her vet records though and report your neighbor to the SPCA and the police. It's against the law to neglect an animal.

If her foot is damaged, and is causing her pain it should be amputated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-08-2016   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

CherylBass is on a distinguished road

I have already taken her to the Vet, and he said amputation was not necessary. He said she was healthy except for the teeth. I was also told that if she is eating drinking and going to the bathroom, she is ok to wait a little while. I'm not talking months or anything.
I don't have a credit card and no chance of obtaining one.

About the dry food. Really? I had no idea about that. I've always been told that dry food was better for them. Thanks for letting me know!
Unread 11-08-2016   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I'm glad to know she's not suffering too much. However a lot of people (and vets) don't seem to understand that cats feel pain as deeply as anyone else, because they hide it.

It's good she's eating and toileting normally, but a cat who needs that much dental work is suffering. Anyway I'm not trying to make you feel bad, I think you are amazing for stepping in and rescuing her. It took courage to stand up to your lousy neighbor, and compared to where she was, she must think she's in heaven.

Yes, dry food is a terrible diet for cats. Cats are strict obligate carnivores. They are meant to eat a diet high in meat and moisture. They don't, cannot, drink enough water to make up the deficit of dry food. When you think about the fact that a mouse is 70% moisture,and dry food is only 10% or less, it gives you some idea of the problem.

A mouse is also less than 2% carbs. Dry foods are 20-30% or higher in carbs.

Cats eating a dry diet live in a state of chronic dehydration. They are often constipated, and they have a lot of problem with hair balls, and food regurgitation. urinary tract disease is also caused by a dry diet. Diabetes and kidney disease are also directly related to a dry diet.

Anyway, I'll stop the lecture now, there are some good sites to help you learn about feline nutrition. I hope Barbara can have her dental soon. Perhaps with a down payment the vet would let you make payments?

Feeding Your Cat: Know the Basics of Feline Nutrition :: healthy cat diet, making cat food, litter box, cat food, cat nutrition, cat urinary tract health

Do you get all fired up about your cats? Are you determined to give them the best in life you can? Then you've come to the right place! - CatCentric

www.kittyshark.net

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by acerlt; 11-08-2016 at 07:50 PM.
Unread 11-17-2016   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Happy
Clare Cole is on a distinguished road

Wet food is always better, wouldn't give my cat anything else.
The Following User Says Thank You to Clare Cole For This Useful Post:

Tags
animal , bills , care , cat , cat needs , cats , diabetes , diet , dry , dry food , eating , food , healthy , home , litter box , love , money , mouse , needs help , rescue , surgery , vet , vet bills , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links