It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-11-2006   #1 (permalink)
Peabug

Default Peeing in the house

Why why why does my cat pee all over the house?? I love her soo much and dont want to get rid of her but the smell is awful! I have tried everything to get it out but the smell still lingers. She has been to the vet and checked for infections, nothing. I have bought some stuff that is suppose to keep them out of certain areas but it doesnt work! Please help me, my husband is ready to throw her out.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-11-2006   #2 (permalink)
muslgrl

Spraying is a cats way of marking thier territory. I'm glad you have brought her to the vet that was the problm with a cat we used to have it turns out she had a kidney problem. How old is she when cats get older i think the just can't make it to the litter box. Try moving the box to a closer place. Also clean the litter box daily cats are very clean animals by nature and if the box is dirty the will find another place.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-11-2006   #3 (permalink)
Tomcat385

Yea, make sure the litter box is in an an area the cat is aware of, and like the other person said, make sure its clean. And with age, the cat will learn hopefully.

Unread 10-12-2006   #4 (permalink)
himilover

Have you moved the litter box? My mom did this and her cats went haywire. They started peeing everywhere--she didn't have the problem once she moved the litter box back to the same spot.

Make sure every time you catch her doing something or getting ready you take her to the litter box, that might get her back on track. Put her paws in the litter, make her start scratching in it.

Unread 10-12-2006   #5 (permalink)
Peabug

No, I havent moved the litter box, in fact we have added another. We have 2 cats a 3 litter boxes. During the day I have been locking her up in the laundry room with the litter box in hopes she will go in it. Im still working on the smell around the house so if you have any ideas, please share.

Unread 11-11-2006   #6 (permalink)
himilover

Hey Peabug,

Just seeing if you got your problem with your kitty solved yet!

Unread 11-13-2006   #7 (permalink)
vp311

Maybe if you were to isolate the cat w/ a litter box in say, the bathroom. Keep him in that small area until he uses the litter box. Over time, increase the space that he has to roam, never moving the litter box. Its worth a try.

Unread 11-30-2007   #8 (permalink)
Cat Lover 2007

Some cats are able to be potty trained to use a regular toilet. But don't try it if you have a kitten, because it could be dangerous for them.

Unread 01-02-2008   #9 (permalink)
xKittyKittyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peabug View Post
Why why why does my cat pee all over the house?? I love her soo much and dont want to get rid of her but the smell is awful! I have tried everything to get it out but the smell still lingers. She has been to the vet and checked for infections, nothing. I have bought some stuff that is suppose to keep them out of certain areas but it doesnt work! Please help me, my husband is ready to throw her out.
my 8 month female started doing this! even when there was a fresh litter tray put down, also with changing the brand of litter! i read somewhere that cat's may do this, if they don't get the attention they want

Tags
age , box , cat , cat's , cats , clean , color , dry , female , hey , house , kitten , kitty , litter , litter box , litter boxes , love , moving , pee , peeing , person , problem , scratching , small , smell , vet

Sponsored Cat Links