It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-09-2008   #11 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

That's great,I will have a look at the weekend.xxxxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-14-2008   #12 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

Go to the vet & get Frontline spray or drops for the cat and a spray for the house.
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|

|
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-15-2008   #13 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

I absolulety agree, frontline is effective. It worked on my cat. She's free from bugs now.

Unread 10-20-2008   #14 (permalink)
pattyp

The best way to get rid of fleas on a kitten, without using anything toxic, is to get a gentle shampoo and give her a bath. Lather her up and leave the lather on for 5 minutes before rinsing. As she is drying comb her with a flea comb in case there are any left. Keep combing her several times a day to make sure you have gotten rid of them.

Unfortunately, fleas don't spend most of their life cycle on the animal. They get a bloodmeal,lay eggs and get into the environment so you need to vacuum,vacuum,vacuum. If your vacuum has a bag, either seal up in a bag and place outside or put in the freezer or you take the chance of the eggs hatching in the house.
This method should rid you of fleas as long as you don't have a bad infestation.

Any other questions,just ask.

Patty P

Unread 10-20-2008   #15 (permalink)
pattyp

The best way to get rid of fleas on a kitten, without using anything toxic, is to get a gentle shampoo and give her a bath. Lather her up and leave the lather on for 5 minutes before rinsing. As she is drying comb her with a flea comb in case there are any left. Keep combing her several times a day to make sure you have gotten rid of them.

Unfortunately, fleas don't spend most of their life cycle on the animal. They get a bloodmeal,lay eggs and get into the environment so you need to vacuum,vacuum,vacuum. If your vacuum has a bag, either seal up in a bag and place outside or put in the freezer or you take the chance of the eggs hatching in the house.
This method should rid you of fleas as long as you don't have a bad infestation.

Any other questions,just ask.

Patty P

Unread 08-16-2009   #16 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Stressed
Catsmanlover is on a distinguished road

I haven’t been prowling around in while and just received email notification.

The freezer makes sense because I’d guess that will terminate all the eggs dead-stone-cold in their tracks.

Well my cat is no longer a kitten, he’s nice handsome boy cat now not total adult cat yet

I’ve been lucky up till several months where he’s had no fleas 0 as he’s an indoors cat. This lasted for about 6 months.

Then I started to help a friend out around his home where he has an outdoors cat. I was over there for (mostly 2 weeks on and off).

Its when I noticed one night that I had flea on my leg and then checked my cat.

Yes I must have brought several fleas home on my cloths. It took me, several days to get rid of them.

I use Head & Shoulders on my cat so its not just anti-dandruff its also anti-flea protection LOL

I then give Sooty a drop of Bob that flea anti-terminator, I hope the fleas won’t be back!

[Last dieing flea cries out] we’ll be back!

Yeah right not if I can’t help it. I’ll give my cat another anti-flea drop towards the last day of this month and bath before followed by combing. This should keep Sooty happy myself, happy as well because, I hate fleas!

Its my friend that needs the flea advice because I can’t be asked to go around his home to catch anymore of his fleas!

I doubt he uses anti-flea on his cat each month and I hardly see him using the vacuum each day since he has and outdoors cat prowling around the home, poor tomcat.
Unread 08-16-2009   #17 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

of Bob that flea anti-terminator

I don't know what this is, but please don't use it on your cat again, or wash him with head and shoulders shampoo.

Over the counter flea products are NOT safe, and rarely work. OTC flea products can kill your cat. They've killed many and caused much suffering also.

Please purchase Frontline Plus, or Revolution at your vet clinic and use that, and only that on your cat.

Head and shoulders shampoo, or any human shampoo, contains chemicals that may be unsafe for your cat.
Unread 08-16-2009   #18 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

Please take AcerIt's advice and buy some Frontline and treat your cat. It really does work. Also cats can catch tapeworms from fleas (mine did after a bad infestation, was awful ) so I'd advise you get a dewormer tablet from your vet too.
Unread 08-17-2009   #19 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Nice to hear from you again,how is Sooty doing? xxxxx
Unread 08-17-2009   #20 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Stressed
Catsmanlover is on a distinguished road

Well my cat is slight leaping jumping and playing without ay problems what so ever.

He likes Head & Shoulders he pruferres it.

He likes Bob Martin anti-flea. In fact my cat hasn’t had any better.

He’s got a whole half kitchen cupboard full of five different cat foods! So he’s well feed and cared for.

He sleeps on the bed with me, because he trusts me.

He’ll even think its bath time for him when I take bath and walks on the edge of the bath, but I don’t wash him, no he gets his own bath once in while just to keep him clean.

Frontline costs an arm and leg and the over the counter one hasn’t had any dramatic after-effect on my cat what so ever.

If it wasn’t safe they would have recalled it and had it removed from the shops counter.

Che
How is Sooty doing fine, as I rambled on above!

He also likes playing with ASDA kitchen tissue paper. What I do is fold it up into a square then I throw it on the floor and Sooty goes nuts! He’ll run after it pick it up in his mouth and take it elsewhere and (start pretending its mouse I guess?)

He’ll also go tissue hunting looking underneath my pillow for any tissues, he’s a little bugger.

I have a whole load of Sooty pictures I think I made Sooty thread? I’ll have to check my thread listings.

Tags
advice , allergic , animal , bath , bites , boy , breeder , calm , cat , cat food , cats , clean , dog , dogs , environment , fleas , food , free , frontline , great , health , hey , home , house , kitten , kittens , kitty , lucky , new kitten , nice , playing , problems , question , smell , vet

Sponsored Cat Links