It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-15-2009   #1 (permalink)
catz1

Question Cat loves cold

I've never run into this before since I've owned cats years ago. Maggie LOVES the cold. She hates being under any cover and she won't touch her plush cat bed. When she's in bed with me, she only wants to lay on top of the sheet. She also lays on the granite tile floor in the kitchen or plays in the basement on the concrete floor. She'll only tolerate being cuddled close for a few minutes and her ears are always warm. If she's in her kitty craze faze she takes lots of breaks and pants. She begs to be let out onto the sunporch that has no heat and it's been 20 degrees here. She's a tiny cat so I was worried and took her to the vet and she says Maggie is very healthy so I know there's nothing wrong but I do think it's weird. My other cats were always cold and wanted to snuggle even in the summer.
Anyone else have a hot blooded cat?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-15-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Funny Maggie.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-16-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Red face

Yes my Booba, a black Persian was like Maggie & also Domino never wanted to be under any cover.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 03-19-2009   #4 (permalink)
emhas2kittehs

Yes! My little one, Culley, loves to sit by the window. He fogs it up with his body heat! He too doesn't tolerate being cuddled for long. When I try to give him a nail trim every once in a while, I have to wrap him in a blanket, otherwise he claws me to death, and he's always SO warm, and he gets really uncomfortable in the blanket. He and my other kitten love laying on the cool tile floor too. Let me know if your vet says anything is wrong! Mine is saying that my kitties are healthy too.

Maybe they're just weird. =)

Unread 03-20-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

I don't think it's wrong. Mine also love to sit on the cold kitchen's marble in Winter. brrrrr
Yep, they are weird for us...

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 03-21-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Cool Like the cold ? Cool Magie !

Interesting and still weird

Tags
black , cat , cats , claws , cold , cool , fun , funny , healthy , heat , hey , interesting , kitten , kitties , kitty , love , nail trim , persian , uncomfortable , vet , weird , window

Sponsored Cat Links