It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-08-2009   #41 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Question

What a smart kitty, you got to be smarter than him in order to be able to control him... hehe..
But please, don't declaw your next cat... don't even think about it, please... If you want a declawed kitty, there are plenty out there for you to keep... God bless !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-09-2009   #42 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Red face

Yes, take one already declawed from the shelter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-19-2009   #43 (permalink)
sealy

Angry oh man.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_miss_freckles View Post
After much discussion and heartache we decided to keep our cat indoors due to the dangers, but today we purchaced a cat harness, because I hate the thought of my poor kitty been stuck indoors all day (even though she doesnt seem bothered herself) so today I tried taking her for a walk, obviously she didnt understand how to walk on the lead but once we were at our destination (the park) she happiliy sat on my knee purring.

But my question is
1) Do you think a cat should be allowed outside or stay in and
2) what do you generally think about cat harnesses

I want people opinions here, because even though I have made the decision to have freckles be an indoor cat I still bellieve cats are still wild at heart and deserve to play outdoors.
there is no debate on this matter. i have experienced too many problems with indoor cats outside. and the harness. ha!! i hope you have done training and even then if a dog or horn or anything loud goes off boom. there goes your cat. as cats have no shoulders i see it impossible to use a harness. just my opinion. buy a laser pointer!!!!!!! if they need exercise. put out less food if they are overweight. my baby nettie ran off becuz she got so used to being outside. if you let your cat outside he will bring in all kinds of smells, and if you have a multiple animal house, be prepared for war. any strange smell on a cat will cause problems. it upsets the house. they are house cats. they live in a house. don't ever ever ever let your cat outside if you have multiple animal houses. ohhh i cant stress enough. my wife and i made the unfortunate decision to walk our nettie and sealy, on a harness, sealy refuses to go outside, thank god. nettie dissapeared.... but that's another story. i had to give my gotti away because of disruptions from a cat that had unfortunately escaped the house confines and ran off into the neighbors back yard. after he cut his nail on the concrete running we brought him inside and the smells he picked up set off my 5 other cats into out and out wars. the hissing and fighting went on between my oldest males, and gotti unfortunately continued to get the worst end. i was heartbroken but i had to rehome him due to the fact that my wife's daughter was pregnant and moving in for the duration of her pregnancy. he is treated like a king at his new home. single animal. i'm sure he loves that.
i asked for him back, after our daughter left, but she said no way.......

Unread 04-19-2009   #44 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=sealy;80856 i was heartbroken but i had to rehome him due to the fact that my wife's daughter was pregnant and moving in for the duration of her pregnancy. he is treated like a king at his new home. single animal. i'm sure he loves that.
[B]i[B] asked for him back, after our daughter left, but she said no way QUOTE]

Ohhhh ! That's too sad, i understand how you feel... your heart is really wanting your king back...
The laser pointer idea to get your cat to exercise is absolutely purrfect ! I do that with my kitties too.. and they are addicted to it !

Unread 02-01-2013   #45 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Angelic
Advantages is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Advantages
Smile Consider the dangers!

1) Cats should be able to go outside, but the thing is,
  • they might see another cat who is wild.
  • They might catch an illness from other animals.
  • They might eat something that is not good for them.
  • They might get cought by someone who does not like cats.
  • They might get run over by a car.
  • Or, like in my place, there are foxes around in bushes and they might attack.

2)I personally think harnesses are good things.
If, like in my case, you can go somewhere in the country, you might want to take your cute cat with you.
It is important to consider the bad things that might happen to your cat if you let it go outside without someone watching.
(:
Unread 05-22-2013   #46 (permalink)
Newborn

cattylab is on a distinguished road

I dont mind taking my cat for a walk. Its a good bonding between of us two.

Unread 10-29-2013   #47 (permalink)
Newborn

thelifeofzeus is on a distinguished road

We introduced the leash and harness at around 2 months old. When he was three months we took him on his first walk, things will frighten them easily so prepare to have a scared cat and a few scratches. As anything, it takes time for them to adapt to the sounds, people, kids, animals, etc.

It's worth it, ONLY when on a leash and harness. Do they need any of this outside stuff, not at all.. but it's nice.

The Following User Says Thank You to thelifeofzeus For This Useful Post:
Unread 03-12-2014   #48 (permalink)
Newborn

shanlung is on a distinguished road

Taking kitty outside depend on the country and the people in that country and your kitty and relationship with your kitty.

I am in Singapore now and I just cannot contemplate taking my kitties outside as there are too many people. People seem to want to do bad things to kitties.

But when I was living in the Sultanate of Oman, that was very different then.

There were places where you do not see anyone at all.

I first trained my kitty on harness (that I designed and made myself).

Harness must be light and very comfy. Left on kitty in the house for a few days until kitty accepted it. Then the leash was used and used gently to guide
the kitty for kitty to know the guidance

This must not be hurried or you put kitty off the harness forever.

Later on, I found I did not even need the harness on kitty.

They came out with us on picnics (absolutely no one around)

And for walks on mountain sides
And even for walks through tidal pools.

But since I am new and not made 25 posts yet, I cannot post photos of all that as yet.

But if you google for 'shanlung dommie' , and click on images, you will find Dommie wading in tidal pools to be with me.
Unread 09-06-2014   #49 (permalink)
Newborn

lilmrsb41 is on a distinguished road
Default I think it is a personal choice

While I prefer to keep my cats inside my sister takes her cats out side and walks them and they seem to enjoy it.
Unread 08-19-2015   #50 (permalink)
Banned
Cool Cat

andrewgrayson15 is on a distinguished road

The Catnip Times is an online service provider that provides you all information about cats,your cat behaviour, news and articles about cats etc. Also know about cat products reviews and cat declawing which are helpful to offer you all guidelines for your pet safety

Tags
adopted , animal , another cat , anxiety , aww , baby , boy , car , cat , cats , cave , collar , crazy , cut , cute , disoriented , dog , eye , family , fip , fun , guide , hey , hissing , home , house , hurt , indoor , information about cats , joy , kitten , kitty , laser , lost , love , maine coon , mat , missing , morning , moving , my little kitty , new home , opinion , overweight , photos , picture , pictures , play , pregnant , problems , puppy , question , scared , shelter , small , smart , story , stress , struggle , thoughts , training , wild , worry

Sponsored Cat Links