It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-16-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

a123andpoof is on a distinguished road
Default My cats Past and present

I love cats, and reading about other peoples cats so I decided to tell you a bit about my cats.
My first cat was a black male, with a little white if I remember correctly. (I know he had black on him). We came home from church one day and I heard a meow coming from the barn where a friend lived. I went over to check it out, but my parents wouldn't let me touch him. When they checked him over I named him Amy. (I was 4-5) He was a great cat, him and the dog were best friends.
I could go on and on about all the barn cats we had after that. But I am going to skip to Samantha.
Samantha was a tortishell who was living at my school. The teachers wouldn't let us touch her, but my mom took pity on her, and brought her home. A few weeks later we found out she was pregnant. She gave birth to five kittens. Molly, Buger, Nellie, Eddy, And meme rose. Molly got in a scrape with an animal and we had to put her down. Buger disapeared, and Meme Rose got into poison. She died one night while me and my sister where home alone. That was hard on us.
Eddy was my cat, and he knew it. He would follow me around, and was in general a great cat. I loved him alot. When he was younger he got into rat posion. I knew something was wrong and my dad took him to the vet. They didn't think he would make it. They gave him pills and said he would probally have to be on them for a long time if he lived through the night . The pills were gone, and my boy was back to his normal self. He breathed heavily when he slept, but all in all he was healthy. Then a year ago he started having bladder problems, they showed up on my 15th b-day. His present to me as me and my mom joke is a $200 vet bill. He died Jan 2. I came home from a young peoples confrence from my church and found him sick. I knew he wouldn't last much longer. His sister knew to and stayed close by him through the night. At the vet they said his bladder was blocked. I couldn't afford the surgery especially knowing he may not make it. It was definatly the hardest desion I ever had to make.
After that I begged my parents for another cat. We had Nellie, but it wasn't the same as having a cat that was mine, and that claimed me. So a few weeks before my birthday my dad supprised me with a calico/ tortishell kitten. She is the sweetest thing in the world, and I love her more then anything. She dislikes my dad and sister for reasons completly unknown. Well I know why she hates my sister. She tolerates my mom, and loves me. Her name is Rin. And Nellie dislikes her, but puts up with her lol A few months later we adopted a dachshund they get along great and love to play together.
I could spend a ton of time writing about all our cats of the past, but this will have to do, as these are the cats I have favored.

Dogs
Ginger

Fish
3 Bettas : Keiichi, Haruna, and Ryo.

All around animal lover
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-16-2010   #2 (permalink)
Kitten

orangy is on a distinguished road
Default nice hobby

I hope all your petrs are in good hands,and are healthy.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-16-2010   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Hi there and thanks for sharing your stories! It's always hard to lose them - I know from experience, but it sounds like you have a nice happy human and fur family now

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx

Tags
adopted , animal , another cat , birth , birthday , black , bladder , boy , cats , dog , family , found , friends , fur , great , happy , healthy , hey , home , home alone , joke , kittens , love , male , meow , nice , night , pills , play , poison , pregnant , present , problems , sick , stories , surgery , vet

Sponsored Cat Links