It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-24-2011   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

rachael1456 is on a distinguished road
Default Justice for Ferdinand

Hi all
I hope it is ok to post on here. I am basically looking to raise awareness of something which happened to my cat over the new year period. He was found mutilated and many parts of his body were stolen. We believe he was probably murdered but due to the severity of his other injuries the original cause of death could not be determined. We could not get any help from the authorities as, within our area, the police force would not see the theft of body parts from a dead pet as a crime. We have set up a petition to try to change the way the law views this sort of offence, and so that all pets are treated with the same dignity. Basically I am looking for anyone who wishes to support this cause as it literally could affect anyone's much loved pet.
If anyone is interested in signing and supporting this please let me know.
Thank you for your time reading this.
Rachael xx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-26-2011   #2 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

Oh my goodness!!!!!! How horrible!!!!! I am so sorry to read this. I have four cats who are all indoor cats. Sometimes I take them for walks on a harness and leash but otherwise they are always inside. I keep them inside because of the risks of being hit by a car, fights with other animals, diseases, etc., but I never even thought of something so horrible as what you mentioned. Could it be some horrible satanic cult ritual? Whatever it is, I would suggest keeping any other cats you may have or may get, inside the house at all times. And yes, I would sign a petition. Where did this happen?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-26-2011   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

rachael1456 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your reply! We have no idea why someone would do it, although we have been told a lady near us found her cat decapitated a year ago in the same area, I have tried to talk to her but she won't answer the door or any of my replies so I don't know what else I can do regarding that, whether it is too upsetting for her I don't know. There are all sorts of leads as to who may have done it but the police will not follow it up. This is in denton in manchester, so I would urge anyone in that area to be vigilant! I won't be letting my kitties far out of my sight again after this! You worry about things beyond control happening to your cats but you never think that something like this would happen to them!! If you are on facebook then you can find his details if you look up the justice for ferdinand group on there. I would like to post the link but I am not allowed as I am a new member on here and I can't put links up before I have posted more than 25 messages it says! He does have his own website so if you google justice for ferdinand that should find it for you too.
you just never think something like this will happen to your pet, bearing in mind this gap in the law could affect any pet too, it's just unthinkable but I do really want to warn people of the dangers out there!! xxxx
The Following User Says Thank You to rachael1456 For This Useful Post:
kat
Unread 03-01-2011   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

Polly is on a distinguished road
Default Police are Wrong

Under the law pets are property.This cat was YOUR property.Offences against your property are CRIMES!
Not to mention the laws against cruelty to animals...
You need to go to that Police Station and RAISE HELL!
Get someone from the media interested in how you've been ignored.
The Following User Says Thank You to Polly For This Useful Post:
kat

Tags
car , cat , cats , facebook , fights , found , hey , house , indoor , kitties , links , new member , pet , petition , upset , worry

Sponsored Cat Links