It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-28-2011   #1 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road
Default First Attempt at Intros!

Mr Man came to me when people renting the property next door left, without the kittens their cat produced while living there. I found him a wonderful home, where he went into a depression. When it lasted long enough for him to lose a sizable amount of weight I brought him back home. If he woke up alone he would cry until other cats came running!

Tabitha is his sister. She was what would be labeled "unadoptable" and most likely euthanized in most shelters. She is now 7 years old and has only come to me and let me hold her in the past 2 years. If I hadn't known better I would have thought she was feral.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to kskat For This Useful Post:

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-28-2011   #2 (permalink)
Top Cat

Daisy and Buttercup belonged to a neighbor's adult daughter that was staying with him. She cared but not enough to vet and the girls had URIs and needed meds. I took them got them healed and spayed, etc.
Daisy;
Buttercup;

A friend found a litter of kittens in a box in her doctor's parking lot. She stuck this tiny black boy in my arms before I could say no! Pepper; not so little now!

Zeus was brought to my vet by a woman willing to pay his bills (bless her!!) but couldn't keep him. He had been attacked by something and had a gaping wound next to his tail, full of maggots! I wanted to give him a strong name to heal by!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-28-2011   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

Adonis and Sunny are two of the cats in my Feral Aggression thread.
Adonis, trapped by accident as an adult by my neighbors.

Sunny, just showed up early in winter.

Unread 03-28-2011   #4 (permalink)
Top Cat

I found Tweety Bird as an older kitten at a gas station in Oklahoma. I was lost and asking for directions in the middle of the night! She wanted to be loved and would rub so hard against my legs! If I reached for her, she would take off like a little bird (hence the name). The clerk said she'd been there for days, no owner in sight. Tweety's fear grabbed my heart. Getting her in my car would have won $$ on AFHV, too bad there was no camera! At home I had my Mom squeeze a carrier through the window. She is still skiddish 5 years later.

A friend handed me Angel when she had to move to base housing, in Alabama!

Well, there's 10 of the 15 and I need to go buy horse feed. I will add more after I get back.

Unread 03-28-2011   #5 (permalink)
Top Cat

I got Sierra, Sissy, from a kid at our annual Watermelon Feed. Several years ago she developed a mild cough, ex-rays showed an enlarged heart. Giving her pills caused her so much stress that I decided to stop the pills and see how she did. If she worsened I would figure something out! To this day she is very healthy and rarely ever coughs.

She developed some nasty hair mats last summer. I had the vet clip her, with her heart defect I couldn't trust anyone else! I may have held my breath through the entire thing!

Unread 03-28-2011   #6 (permalink)
Top Cat

Cricket was found by the neighbors at the very end of the road. She was discovered in the culvert under their driveway, along with the decomposing corpse of her mother. They had been investigating the smell. It was early winter and very cold. I had her for about a week before she could be taken to the vet, who estimated her to be about 5 weeks old.

Cricket tested FIV positive a year ago. I had her retested a few months ago, still pos. She is very healthy other than a slight limp we can't find a cause for.

Mama and Boy showed up at the neighbor that I got Daisy and Buttercup from. He did throw out food for them. They required trapping. Boy likes to be petted, Mama will sniff my finger, but swipe me if I stay too long. They live in the barn, show no interest at all in the house! Not great pics, Boy is slightly bigger with a rounder face.

Unread 03-29-2011   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the pictures and stories of some of your cats. I've really enjoyed seeing them, and hearing their stories of how they were rescued by you.

please read this first
Unread 03-29-2011   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

Some very lucky kitties to be with you now after some of those stories... I like Zeus the most I think, he's adorable.
Unread 03-29-2011   #9 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Yeehaw
Gramaray is on a distinguished road

I really enjoyed looking at the pictures of your cats. You must love cats! I do too.
Unread 03-30-2011   #10 (permalink)
Top Cat

There have been days that the animals rescue me. They give me hope and a reason to keep moving!

Tags
adult , aggression , bills , black , box , boy , camera , car , cat , cats , clip , feral , fiv , found , healthy , home , kitten , kittens , litter , lost , moving , night , pet , pills , shelters , spayed , stop , stories , stress , vet , weight , window

Sponsored Cat Links