It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-13-2012   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Tired
Dally is on a distinguished road
Default update

sorry i havent been around much, with this forum being down off and on, being busy with other things, i tend to disappear. i really have to make a point to come around more

It has been now a year that Destiny has been cancer free. She was diagnosed last year with breast cancer and had 5 tumors removed and had a partial mastectomy done.

Now, no signs of it coming back, she is still cancer free!!!

For those of you who don't know, this is her story:

destiny's story - YouTube

She was found last year as a stray, no one claimed her after we looked for her home for a month, she was found in my fiance's moms neighbourhood, her neighbours had been feeding her but even they had not found her home either. so we kept her and named her destiny. 2 months later after taking her in, she started developing "lumps" in her belly, which in 2 weeks grew from the size of a pea to the size of a golfball. she was diagnosed with breast cancer and two days later had the surgery done and she had 5 tumors removed, the largest being 2 inches in diameter.

she had a partial mastectomy and recovery went great!!!

i am just so happy to say that Destiny has been cancer free since then!

Jessie just officially turned 7 this month, she has lost weight so now she is back down to a good weight (shes mostly fur) she has become clingier to both me and my fiance, which is fine by us, she doesnt play much (she has her few favourites we always keep out) but she likes to sit with us and watch tv. we call her the seat thief as she literally steals your seat as soon as you get up. Jess likes to sprawl out on our new bed, or sit next to me as i sit on the computer or watch tv. shes a loyal friend as she always has been. her favourite toys are still the cat-it circuit and a feather type toy from a fishing rod toy (that she broke off lol) and these toys have helped her lose weight as well as measured amounts for all of them.

Daystar has become very demanding... in a quiet-ish way. Now she grabs us with her nails and pulls us back if we stop giving her belly rubs. she demands them. she is still warming up to my fiance but is still only really bonded to me and the other cats. she is really skittish, but her best friend is Jessie still to this day. she loves other cats so much and has gotten much more closer to all the others. she is very cuddly and wants nothing more than to cuddle with me each night before i go to bed and wakes me up each morning by drooling on my face. shes a big cuddlebug. shes always wanting belly rubs. and shes got the softest belly fur on any cat ive pet (most dont like belly rubs, so thats not many lol only destiny and daystar like them of ours)

Gylfie... she is miss jealous. she is Daystar's cousin and Daystar is the only cat who doesnt receive the bad end of her attitude. If she so much as sees Destiny in the area and she feels shes a threat to HER "attention" from me, she will chase her away... nothing major but it can get annoying. she sometimes hassles Jessie but things are fairly peaceful otherwise. She is my personal velcro cat, she greets me when i get home, guards me, follows me everywhere... shes a good cat, but gets jealous of the others easily. shes our diva... though she HATES my fiance. glares at him, meows protests at him if he touches her, and she lashes out sometimes. she hides from most other company. just dislikes my fiance and wont leave my side (currently, shes sitting against me right now as i type).

photo of 3 of them on our bed... they love the new bed
Gylfie--Patched marble tabby longhair (feral)
Destiny--Silver mackeral tabby Longhair (stray)
sorry in advance for odd typos--Gylfie runs across the keyboard
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-13-2012   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

MsLadyBelle is on a distinguished road

Glad everyone is doing good!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to MsLadyBelle For This Useful Post:
Unread 06-13-2012   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

Hey, have missed you! Good to hear you and yours are doing well, so happy to hear about Destiny's fantastic recovery!

Also, in case you want to update the rest of the crew that never returned to ILC -- link in my sig -- You do still have an account there, and picture links work a little better than they do here LOL

Last edited by AK49BWL; 06-13-2012 at 11:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to AK49BWL For This Useful Post:
Unread 11-12-2014   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

Aliraza173 is on a distinguished road

Thank you! Those are from when she was 6.5 weeks old when we got her! She'll be 9 weeks this week! Our guess is that her birthday is April 1, 2012.
Unread 11-12-2014   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

catopia is on a distinguished road

Happy to hear about her recovery, poor creature seems to have suffered a lot, but she was lucky to endup in your hands. Maybe it was the destiny

You can also visit or contact us at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 10-08-2017   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

zzzsmokeyzzz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via twitter to zzzsmokeyzzz

Glad everyone is doing good!

Tags
belly , birthday , cat , cats , computer , found , free , fur , great , happy , hey , home , lost , lucky , morning , nails , night , pet , play , stop , story , stray , surgery , toys , type , weight , youtube

Sponsored Cat Links