It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-23-2016   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Rhiannon is on a distinguished road
Default Do you think my cat?

I know this may sound strange, but I was wondering if my cat caused my breast cancer!

I love my cats, I have 4 at the moment and when we got our youngest, she was found as a kitten with kittens, the kittens were rehomed and we took her in.

Since we got her she has suckled our clothes, you know padding down and suckling the fabric, only she soaked our clothes with her saliva. She always made a play for my left breast, suckling my jumper or blouse and subsequently soaking it. We thought this was funny and commented "Aw look she's trying to suckle her mamma!"

Only as when I wore my Night clothes I would not wear a bra and she would do the same soaking my top. I started with mastitis which seemed to clear up and after a few months I started with a pain in my chest. My whole breast felt like it was infected and swollen and a where the pain was a small lump came up. After a few months this was diagnosed as Breast Cancer!! I was wondering if my cat suckling my clothes with her saliva could have caused the infection which led to BC. It wasn't hormone related BC and its always got me thinking.

If it was, it was an accident and I love my cats to bits, but I heard that some parasites that can live inside a cats stomach can cause brain cancer, so if saliva from her came into contact with my nipple, could that have caused the BC?.

Last edited by Rhiannon; 01-24-2016 at 08:19 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-23-2016   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

No it is not possible. Parasites aren't spread through saliva for one thing.

It's far more likely that your cat sensed there was something wrong with your breast and that was why her attention was focused on it.

I hope your recovery is complete. My dearest friend is a twice breast cancer survivor, my beloved younger sister is also a breast cancer survivor. It's frighteningly common.

I hope you are well now! Does your kitty still do this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-24-2016   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

Rhiannon is on a distinguished road

Hi thanks for your reply.... I know it sounded crazy but it went through my head, what with the infection then the lump coming up.

Yes she still tries to do it, but I stop her, I got her a teddy made of plush which is the fabric she likes and she suckles that.

I love my cats and I also thought like you state, maybe she knew something was wrong in that breast. Everything happens as it should and she may have even saved my life, even though the cells were aggressive it had not spread to my lymph nodes, after waiting 4 months to be seen by the hospital as they thought it was just a breast infection.

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I'm a year out now so hopefully I will continue to be healthy and well as I need to be here to look after my fur babies.
Unread 09-15-2016   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

tuneofapurr is on a distinguished road

Yes kitties have a deep sense of when something is wrong with us! I actually get very concerned when my boy super clings, as I worry something is wrong and I just don't know it yet. But rest assured- your baby never caused the cancer. Your kitty was probably trying some kitty healing!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 09-25-2017   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

crazyanimal is on a distinguished road

sorry but I didn't hear about that situation yet..

Tags
aggressive , babies , baby , boy , cat , cats , crazy , found , fun , funny , fur , healthy , hey , infection , kitten , kittens , kitties , kitty , love , night , play , small , stop , worry

Sponsored Cat Links